Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up yesterday morning to find my snake not in it’s enclosure which I am very careful with and turned my room up side down and no look so I had left 2 pinkies one brained the other one not and checked every hour through the night and there is still no sight
What should I do????

·
Registered
32,935 Posts
I woke up yesterday morning to find my snake not in it’s enclosure which I am very careful with and turned my room up side down and no look so I had left 2 pinkies one brained the other one not and checked every hour through the night and there is still no sight
What should I do????
For a start, keep the door of the room where it's kept shut at all times- close it behind you without fail on entering & leaving the room, & be firm about anyone else in the house doing the same. Ditto all rooms in the house- leave no doors open at any time, other than entering/exiting. & under NO circumstances leave the back or front door to the house open, not even if you get a hot day. This will restrict the snake's movements through the house

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you so much the issue is after leaving the pinkies out it hasn’t been to eat them I have two cats and starting to wonder if they have got their paws on it

·
Registered
32,935 Posts
thank you so much the issue is after leaving the pinkies out it hasn’t been to eat them I have two cats and starting to wonder if they have got their paws on it
Don't give up yet, but the cats are yet another reason to keep the snake's room door closed & the cats kept out. Try leaving a heat mat on a thermostat switched on on the floor of the room, & pinkies left out near it.

·
Registered
32,935 Posts
right ok thank you any other suggestions of what I should do?
right ok thank you any other suggestions of what I should do?
None really, other than keep looking. The snake will hide during the day, so look in any small dark places. At night it might be seen out if you search with a torch of turn the light on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts