Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My adult male corn snake escaped from his viv on Sunday and we searched everywhere. We eventually found him on Monday in the wall behind the kitchen units. That was the last time we saw him. We've tried everything, put a heat mat and hide down, we've left a brained mouse for him, tried a bottle trap. It's really worrying due to the cold :(

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
welcome to snake keeping lol, ive had a corn be on the run for months before, if he cant get out the house, he will definitely turn up, in most cases they always do

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just want him to come back so that he can be safe and warm! We're planning to move in January so he needs to come back soon

·
Registered
1,283 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've made one of those traps and put a brained rat pup in it (we have spare food that's not the right size for any of our snake snow lol) and I've left a heat mat under one of his hides under the kitchen units where we last saw him.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
i had a king snake escape one morning, found him in the kettle :lol2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I really hope he turns up, I lost my Childrens python recently and he is still lost, I think he is in the wall void somewhere.
Have you tried putting a sprinkling of flour on newspapers around the house? Then if he moves through the flour you get an idea where he is, or where he went. I made my Rosy boa go through one of my "flour traps" to give me an idea of the sort of tracks to expect, I found a very thin sprinkle of flour seemed better then lots.
Good luck anyway, let us know when you find him.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We did fill the floor with plastic bags and my fiancé stayed on the sofa all night in case he heard anything and there's was nothing. Will see about flour

·
Registered
195 Posts
You would be amazed just how long a corn snake can go missing in a house and turn up. Mine was missing for weeks! Found him inside the sofa lol. Leave your doors open over night with the flour, it's very helpful. You don't want him finding a nice home and staying there. Chances are you find him when you least expect it and when your packing to move there can't be many places for him to hide.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts