Reptile Forums banner

Lost monitor!!!

2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  srobbo 
#1 ·
My mangrove monitor has managed to escape out of his vivarium. I have looked everywhere. I have put a couple of heat mats out and have put a couple of defrosted mice my the heat mats. Just wondering if there is anything else that i could possibly try to find him?
Thanks in advance:2thumb:

#2 ·
arent they quite big?

#7 ·
I dont know whether this will help, but dont rule out any place, as my Nile (when a wee bit younger) once slipped one of my friends hold and managed to get INSIDE our recliner sofa. To say it took us a while to get him out, and he managed to squeeze into a super tiny gap, I had to tear my recliner apart!!

I hope you find him, as it stressed me right out :(

#8 ·
When I went to pick up my Mangrove the guy had given it a quick soak in the bath. He went back in to find the monitor missing and had squeezed through a tiny gap in the bath panel.
Do not underestimate their ability to get through the smallest gaps :devil:
Hope he turns up soon.

Jay :2thumb:

#9 ·
scatter flour on the floor foot prints will give you a good idea where hes hiding also this does depend on his size....

a bottle trap with a couple o pinkies in the bottom.

#10 ·
i lost an ackie few months back after 3 days searching i thought he had gone for good, i was just walking downstairs and there he was on the step cold and hungry but ok fingers crossed for you finding him bottle trap is good idea ,i set a basking spot up in the room id lost him just incase

#14 ·
I had the same with a bosc I picked up a month back. First day he managed to open glass doors even with a wedge in between the doors. Found him innthe tightest litle cave underneath a fluval fx5 external filter for my rbp tank. i didnt even know the filter had a space underneath it. I feel for you mate just keep temps up in the house, jeep windows and doors closed as much as possible and quickly block any gaps or holes that you may have in boiler and electrical cupboards that lead under the floorboards or Walls. At least that way your keeping him inside the house in the warm. my Bosc was under the filter because the motor is in the bottom And it gets pretty warm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.