Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think one of my Chile's has escaped through an air hole -_-

Its about 5mm long and I can find it anywhere!

How long will it live in the room for without food or water?

Will I ever see it again or will it just curl up under something dark and warm and die?

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
have you cheaked under the soil if he isnt there you probs will not find him

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I have to say you'd be very lucky to find it again hey you never no you might find it when its all growd up :p

on a serious note that sucks hope its just hidden really well =[

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah Iv checked under the substrate, even gently emptied it out and hes not there :(

Heres me thinking the airholes were small enough lol

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
well you can look around the area he is in but i dont think you will find him:censor::censor::censor::censor: i would be so sad if that happen to me

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it is pretty sad :/

Sooo small though.

He was on top of an exo terra in a film tub so Im hoping hes just crawled inbetween a crack or the lid of the viv...

Guess I wont be drilling anymore holes in the sides of pots from now on :(

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
yeah poor thing he could off had a long life but like they say sh*t happens

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
you might still find him, they are pretty hardy and as long as he can catch the occasional fly or something, in a few years you might find a 6" adult under your pillow one night :lol2:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
you might still find him, they are pretty hardy and as long as he can catch the occasional fly or something, in a few years you might find a 6" adult under your pillow one night :lol2:
True. Not like rosea are mega delicate and need constant temps and humidity to survive. They don't even need too much water, and regularly choose not too eat even when it's offered to them. Just watch where you tread!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
have you checked the bottom of your shoe?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
have you checked the bottom of your shoe?
Lol nice...

Cheers guys. Il keep looking carefully but its probably well hidden in some crack or somewhere.

·
Registered
548 Posts
My little G.pulchra did exactly the same, she was in a 'braplast' box and got out of the airhole. Luckily I found her 3 days later in the corner of a drawer next to the radiator (I was tearing my hair out looking for her!) Luckily she's had 2 moults since and been re-housed so no re-occurance yet thank god!
Look in all the little dark corners... especially where it'd be warm.
Good luck, hope you find the little 'un x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts