Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an empty wooden 6x2x3 that I want to use, preferably for a lizard.

I want the lizard to be fairly handleable and low humidity(below 60%). Any type of diet is fine. It should be able to fit comfortably in a 6x2x3, so no species that get larger than 2.5 ft. It can be an intermediate species since I’ve kept reptiles before. I have a uromastyx and a bearded dragon, not looking for more of those.

I have a couple species in mind already, but new ideas would be nice!

·
Registered
144 Posts

I want the lizard to be fairly handleable and low humidity(below 60%). Any type of diet is fine. It should be able to fit comfortably in a 6x2x3, so no species that get larger than 2.5 ft. It can be an intermediate species since I’ve kept reptiles before. I have a uromastyx and a bearded dragon, not looking for more of those.

Probably the most beautiful lizard I have ever kept, both in colour and friendlyness was my gorgeous Tunisian Eyed Lizard. Not the common European, or Moroccan, but the Tunisian. Beautiful blends of vibrant grass green and sky blue, males especially colourful. He used to come down from his basking tree and tap on the glass when hungry, I would then slide the front glass back and he would sit with his front legs over the glass runners waiting for his locust. Never once tried to come out or escape, after four or five locust would look at me - thanks - and would climb back up and sit under his UV light and close his eyes. He was a little flighty at first as a youngster but soon settled down. Sadly passed away after 11 years.
If you do decide on one they don't come up very often, I've only seen two advertised and missed them both.
Make sure it's a Tunisian and a male and you will never be disappointed.

·
Registered
562 Posts

Chuckwalla
Small Monitors like Varanus acanthurus
Timon lepidus

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ackie Monitor. I have 4 lizards. If i'd bought the Ackie first i would only have one😂 I think they are the ultimate lizard in terms of personality and sociability, mines is a total lunatic and engrossing to watch when he gets his thang on🙂

·
Registered
18 Posts
Timon lepidus
That's one of the other species i keep and while he's an interesting creature? he's in no way as sociable as the Ackie.

Also, they tend to disappear underground to brumate for around 3-4 months at a time in my experience 😂 saves on food i suppose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts