Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had macklots for about 4 months now, so still a fairly new species to me.

I tend to feed my adult whitelips a larger prey item every 2/3 weeks which keeps them quiet and I hear nothing of them until the last couple of days and you start to see they are probably hungry.

However the macklots become very restless after a literally a week, they are constantly roaming and I've noticed a bit of nose rubbing as well.

I'm going to try and feed them a smaller item every 7 days or so to see if this keeps them quieter.

Have any of you noticed this with your macks?

Do they have a faster metabolism...or are they just greedy buggers?

And heres a little piccy as a treat

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Im watching this thread for Brown Water Python keepers ive been wanting a pair since i was 14.. Where are you two getting your Macks from? there stunning

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heres my macklots/GTP lol

you need to sling up some better pics of him buddy!!!

Im watching this thread for Brown Water Python keepers ive been wanting a pair since i was 14.. Where are you two getting your Macks from? there stunning
as in liasis fuscus? I would kill for a pair but never seen any

My male came from Kathym on here...and I believe she got him from MPA

And my female came from Mr Castille :)

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Umm you swore! :lol2:

I'd love a pair for myself one day in the near future.: victory:
ah yes...I am patiently waiting my infraction as we speak!!

I hope you do mate, they are awesome snakes...these two dont seem to like each other too much but I shall certainly be putting them together next year methinks...the female (in the pic) is an absolute stunner...hardly any freckling on her at all

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
as in liasis fuscus? I would kill for a pair but never seen any

My male came from Kathym on here...and I believe she got him from MPA

And my female came from Mr Castille :)
Yep Liasis fuscus i love them! must go ring MPA then :2thumb:

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
fuscus are the holy grail of liasis imo....they remind me of my whitelips :2thumb:
Agreed but alot better imo the yellow belly does it for me

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
right thats it...you're on my list now Daniel!!! :devil:

ps. Christian will have fuscus for sale soon....
:gasp: but i didnt do nothing Lol wooo good you talk to him more then me so could you keep me updated when he has some for sale please hun

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I will do mate...you're still on my list though :gasp:
Thank you, what do you think about the southern phase WLP i like them more then the northern TBH

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you, what do you think about the southern phase WLP i like them more then the northern TBH
Its a toughy because the you come by the southerns so rarely...that alone makes them more alluring.

I think they are both stunning in their own right...one of my biggest regrets is selling my southern.

My big female northern is so incredible that if given a choice, I would probably have her over a southern...but I am incredibly biased as shes my baby.

I do think though...if both species were readily available, that the northern would be more popular because the gold is awesome...the southerns feel so unobtainable which is why people go crazy over them

(can you tell I'm just trying to make myself feel better over selling her?!?!)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.