Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of my Macleays Spectre have recently Matured. I think they look amazing. By far my favourite Phasmid I just I would post a few pics as I am so proud of them I got them when they were little red ant mimics about 10mm.

Mature Female

Mature Male

Can't get enough of these got quite a few now. Well a quite a LOT. The kids love em too. :2thumb:

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Lovely pics, they are stunning phasmids :flrt:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are amazing!! I love them :flrt: I had a pair once but there were very short lived!!
I got my first 5 in June 2010.Well actually my 7yr old daughter did at a monthly M.I.S.C meeting. They are now mature. Were your pair already adult? I found them hardy to raise. Very greedy tho!!!:2thumb:

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
I had everything right and set up a week before spent £20 for a baby pair.. They died over night.., They gave me another pair and this went on for a week.. Then i gave up...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
£20 on a pair? Mate I think you was overcharged a wee bit!!! If you want pay me postage I will send you a few. Mist daily and old bramble leaves every other day and they do just fine.
If you tickle there bum they lift there back legs up and do a little wiggle it's so funny they are great I'm hoping come July i will be in undated with tiny nymphs.
What i find cool is when they hatch they mimic red ants as that is were they hatch in the wild as the ants eat the outer coating of the eggs inside the ant nest and emerge under cover as an ant. 4 months later they are fat huge bramble munchers :)

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
£20 on a pair? Mate I think you was overcharged a wee bit!!! If you want pay me postage I will send you a few. Mist daily and old bramble leaves every other day and they do just fine.
If you tickle there bum they lift there back legs up and do a little wiggle it's so funny they are great I'm hoping come July i will be in undated with tiny nymphs.
What i find cool is when they hatch they mimic red ants as that is were they hatch in the wild as the ants eat the outer coating of the eggs inside the ant nest and emerge under cover as an ant. 4 months later they are fat huge bramble munchers :)
They are sooo cool but my mum isnt happy with the ones I have already (even though me and mysiblings love them!!) and i have know way of getting the money to you as my mum doesnt have paypal!
And yeh I realise now that that was alot i didnt even get my money back!!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
oh wow, beautiful phasmids i totally agree! i really love these & yours look so healthy, these are on my list of to get! i just bought some Eurycantha Calarata which arrived today & these look ace!

are yours hard to keep? do they need to be humid? a
cheers mark

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the best thing bout this lil critter.... is gotta be the males flying/gliding: victory:
Gliding? Lol it's more like falling with the grace.
Humidity i have a coir sub dry ish i spray each day and replace the bramble once it dries out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.