Reptile Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sadly we are having to part with our beautiful boy Odin, he is a full pedigree Maine Coon kitten. He is a smoke black and white in colour, is used to children and noises. he loves attention and sitting on your lap and follows you everywhere lol.

Unfortunatley we are having to sell him due to our little girl having allergies, we thought it was hayfever but has turned out to be our cat instead huh! she is on allergy medication at the minute but cant stay on it forever so he needs a new home sharpish!.

he will also come with his litter tray, food/water bowls, cat bed, accessories and cat carrier (so no need to buy one!!)

RIGHT now to the knitty gritty bit!! He has been a house cat so far as he is to be neutered at 6 months of age, this is on instruction from the breeder and the only way to retreive his pedigree papers. We have been in contact with the breeder and she is aware of the reasons for selling and is willing to pass on the papers to the new owners as long as he is neutered first, obviously this is so he cant be bred from! we have his birth certificate and the copy of the contract from the breeder!, his parents/siblings are show cats. he is going to be a very big boy when fully grown! any further questions please dont hesitate to PM me.

We are asking for £300 for him, which is what we paid for him!!

he truely is stunning!!!

collection from portsmouth

cheers cheryl and mick:flrt:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:2thumb:This boy is so gorgeous and im sad to sell but someone must be out there that is seeking a Maine coon cat, they are known to be the largest uk cats when fully grown!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Sadly we are having to part with our beautiful boy Odin, he is a full pedigree Maine Coon kitten. He is a smoke black and white in colour, is used to children and noises. he loves attention and sitting on your lap and follows you everywhere lol.

Unfortunatley we are having to sell him due to our little girl having allergies, we thought it was hayfever but has turned out to be our cat instead huh! she is on allergy medication at the minute but cant stay on it forever so he needs a new home sharpish!.

he will also come with his litter tray, food/water bowls, cat bed, accessories and cat carrier (so no need to buy one!!)

RIGHT now to the knitty gritty bit!! He has been a house cat so far as he is to be neutered at 6 months of age, this is on instruction from the breeder and the only way to retreive his pedigree papers. We have been in contact with the breeder and she is aware of the reasons for selling and is willing to pass on the papers to the new owners as long as he is neutered first, obviously this is so he cant be bred from! we have his birth certificate and the copy of the contract from the breeder!, his parents/siblings are show cats. he is going to be a very big boy when fully grown! any further questions please dont hesitate to PM me.

We are asking for £300 for him, which is what we paid for him!!

he truely is stunning!!!

collection from portsmouth

cheers cheryl and mick:flrt:
hi,
i have had this problem to,and i was told about a product called petal cleanse, i have got some and started useing it because my husband has an allergy, it has worked, so it might be worth you getting some to try first as cats arint selling at the moment. here is a link for you but you can get it off ebay also
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Petal-Clean...r_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1248418766&sr=8-1

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Cats aren't selling at the moment and older kittens won't sell for the price paid when they were 3 months old. If someone can afford full price for a kitten they are more likely to want to have that kitten from it being a baby, not one that has already been homed elsewhere, so you might have to review your price. You've had 2 months pleasure from owning him so surely he doesn't owe you the full price anyway??

Can I suggest though that if you are going to re-home this kitten that you neuter him before he goes? He is old enough to be neutered now and it is stressful enough for cats to be re-homed without the added stress of an operation within weeks of being re-homed. Better to do it the other way around for the sake of the kitten.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:whip:Well thankyou very much for you kind words and comments! Fully appreciated and I hope you have some helpful responses too when you are trying to home one of your cats!

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
After 20 plus years of experience in breeding, selling and rehoming cats that was helpful!!

You are asking too much, because if people can buy a 3 month old kitten for that price why would they buy a 5 month old that has already had one home for the same price? And for the cat's sake you should neuter it now before it has to go through the stress of re-homing.

The fact that you choose not to see it that way shows where your priorities lie!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Classified Forums - Posting Rules & Information
Rules & Considerations

Please do not make posts that are not regarding the sale, stuff like "I would buy that, but I dont have any money" and "if only you were nearer". Please also do not disrupt sales with unwanted or negative opinions with stuff like "thats nice, but it seems a bit expensive to me" and "I thought I saw one cheaper over there". Posts like this may be removed.
:2thumb:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:flrt::flrt:I would have thout the price was a good one just look at the cute pussy cat :flrt::flrt:
thankyou i think so considering his siblings as 3 month old kittens are now being sold at £400, but thankyou for your kind comment he is gorgeous lol:flrt:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so the breeder has got stuck with the rest of the litter?
?? i dont understand what you mean? the breeder has new kittens but they are £400 each where as our cat when we got him was £300, if that makes sense?

oh my OH just explained to me lol, what i meant was she has new kittens but at a higher price, i didnt actually mean they were direct siblings to our cat just a new litter from the same breeder of the same type of cat Maine coons.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts