Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well he just sent me some of these in the post to try out and Ive got to say.. great idea indeed... put them in yesterday and Ive had no plants fall today... by now about 3 of the plants would have fallen... so a great idea and definitely saves money and time.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Thanks Tim, this is what they are

and they are the solution to the plastic plants in wooden vivs keep falling down, they are supplied with two stainless steel screws for attaching to vivs simply place the plastic stem in the hole and no more fallen plants :D
For acrylic plastic and glass vivs they can be stuck on with aquarium silacone.

These can be made to order if interested @75 pence each.via paypal I expect to get some moaners who can make them themselfs for less and they are not patented so go ahead Dimensions 42mm long x 20 mm wide x 8mm thick . PM me or ask here if any interest.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Great idea!!!!

There is already a similar item which is sold in shops for radio controlled models which is used to hold wire to planes for supporting the under carriage.

I used to fly planes and helicopters (another hobbie I took up) and they are pretty much the same but smaller to keep the weight down.

Only thought I'd mention it as it saves time making them.

Hope I haven't offended you Maki. I'm sure you weren't selling for the profit anyway. Just wanted to mention seeing somethng similar.

like these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PUSHROD-SNAKE...ryZ34056QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I know what you mean.

They actually sell those clamps in a dozen sizes depending on what guage wire yyou are clamping down with them.

Only prob is they aren't clear unlike Makis' ingenious little inventions.

Buy em off Maki anyway it keeps the business within the community.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I dont mind its not like im doing it to make money I already have two business's. If there is a better way great please share I just made a few of these as my plastic plants were driving me mad every morning they would be knocked down I tried stapling them in one viv and when removed for cleaning I had to re staple and the side of the viv started to look like a pin cushion :D

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
carl24bpool said:
I know what you mean.

They actually sell those clamps in a dozen sizes depending on what guage wire yyou are clamping down with them.

Only prob is they aren't clear unlike Makis' ingenious little inventions.

Buy em off Maki anyway it keeps the business within the community.
Do they sell them for 4mm thick wire as that would work?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts