Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
male and female unreleated 2006 blood pythons male is in slough so no pics of him except for the last picture what was taking few months ago by last owner, these will hopefully produce some stunning babies when there older i especially like the female.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I like the female too, lovely looking.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Stunning snakes.
I hate to be a boring old fart but are you sure theyre sumatran bloods?
I was under the impression Sumartran bloods were the black blood pythons.
What you have there look like Malaysian blood pythons or the "red" blood python.
I could be wrong however just what ive read and seen in pictures on these 2 links.
http://www.newenglandreptile.com/blood_bhsumatran.html being about the Sumatran short tailed python or Black blood python.
http://www.newenglandreptile.com/blood_red.html being about the red blood python or Malaysian blood python.
Stunning snakes none the less.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Well im just going on what NERD says and if theyre wrong then what will the world become :lol:

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Yea hopefully, I have a adult Borneo male from there, and a 05 female malaysian blood, pics attached of both as they are both for sale.
Borneo male

Malaysian female

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
there both stunning, whats the temp like on your two> these two are a bit strikey but once there've settled in i am hoping to calm them a little

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
the male is as calm as bloods come, bit hissy but its all an act. the female is a bit worse but again just hissy and likes hitting my hand with her body :lol:
They take time to calm down but CB ones are fine really after a while.
Would love to breed them, would prefer not to sell this pair and buy a female borneo and a male malaysian

·
Registered
641 Posts
The most Malaysian looking Sumatrans I've ever seen lol :roll:

If you look at the link you posted you can see they've used the scientific name which is always the best way to go... They have them as brongersmai which are indeed Malaysians. Borneos are breitensteini, with Sumatrans being curtus. The site looks a bit outdated though as the snakes are now recognised as three separate species instead of subspecies, hence losing the extra 'curtus'...

Still nice though, how are they settling in? 8)

·
Registered
641 Posts
I was just backing up what your link said, and it said they were Malaysians... :p

Also there are no known albino Sumatrans in captivity. There's one, maybe two albino Borneos which belong to someone in the UK that were WC, a whole shed load of albino Malaysians all over the world, but no albino Sumatrans... Proof even more that yours are indeed Malaysians. If you really do have het albino Sumatrans they would be worth £5000+ easy. A scale count should prove it but you can think what you want as they're your snakes at the end of the day... It's just that things like this is how all these intergrades end up being produced and no-one knowing what's pure or not any more... Does my head in! :roll:

Good luck with them anyways, bet they made your christmas 8)

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oldelpaso said:
I was just backing up what your link said, and it said they were Malaysians... :p

Also there are no known albino Sumatrans in captivity. There's one, maybe two albino Borneos which belong to someone in the UK that were WC, a whole shed load of albino Malaysians all over the world, but no albino Sumatrans... Proof even more that yours are indeed Malaysians. If you really do have het albino Sumatrans they would be worth £5000+ easy. A scale count should prove it but you can think what you want as they're your snakes at the end of the day... It's just that things like this is how all these intergrades end up being produced and no-one knowing what's pure or not any more... Does my head in! :roll:

Good luck with them anyways, bet they made your christmas 8)
doh i should be blonde there are maylsans :oops: sorry old :wink: need to screw my head back on :lol: there my o/h's snakes i;ll stick wth my corns and rast

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
they are so pretty, are they good for handleing??

·
Registered
641 Posts
No worries, just that had visions of you breeding them to proper Sumatrans sometime in the future which would have been messy :roll:

They really are nice snakes though, all the girth of a burm but about a quarter of the length lol :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts