Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Requires new home. Eating and drinking for England. Has been neglected in the past and has deformities due to previous calcium deficiencies, however he is doing well. Homes will be stringently assessed as this dude needs lots of TLC and the best of care til his days are up. Homes WILL be viewed! Rehoming fee of £25 applies.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
bless him :)
would it not be better to keep him for a while though, just to make sure everything is ok with him ? (I am not having a go, just curious.... I think you do a wonderful Job :D )

I keep all my rehomes for at least 6 weeks before they are adopted out, I know you can never guarantee things, but 6 weeks gives time for any underlying problems and temper problems to come out, a confused and disorientated Bosc can seem very placid but can soon change once settled and healthy (and that actually goes for lots of other animals as well)

lol edit for the awful typos :oops:

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's not going anywhere just yet. the vet is happy with his recovery, however once he's put weight on then he will move out. But due to the lengthy rehoming process i have for this lil dude is whY I am placing enquiries now. :) Glad you've asked as this shows your responsible :)

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Thank you for answering my question :) guess I am just a nosey ol' Bat :lol:

I really do hope you find a wonderful home for your Bosc, he deserves a good life now.

Keep up the great work :)

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually tempted to keep him lol.
Not sure but think me doing all the necessary checks may put someone off and not taking this lovely chap on. But he has had such a hard life that it is important he gets the best for the future.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
I dont think ur checks will put ppl off getting him...if they are 100% genuine in wanting to give him the best then they wont mind....Like iv said before, I love boscs, and if I had the room for a viv, id defo concider him!! :D

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
i truly think u should keep him, letting him settle in then moving him on may be even more upsetting for him now an the stress of travelling might make him unhappy too.

You know u want to keep him, and then u know he'll be taken care of. How big is he? i thought he looked the length of Don but now u've said he's adult im unsure! havent checked the other thread where i asked yet :p

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He is an adult but his growth has been stunned from the calcium deficiency. He is about 22 inches.
He looks at me with his lovely eyes and my heart melts. :)

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
wow thats a huge stunted growth! bless his little heart. he's smaller than Don then. I hope you keep him to be honest, i'm going to have to pay u a visit sometime an visit him :D

·
Registered
520 Posts
What size viv you recommending? would need to do ALOT of research before even considering it.... never kept a bosc before.

Have rehomed Lucifer ( Green Iguana) and have ridge tail monitor...water dragons, pyramid agamas, red head agama ( new aquisition) golden gecko and a few other bits and pieces

Check http://tagworld.com/andyb5 for infor on my setups

Lucifer is going into an 8ft by 8ft by 4 ft soon In smaller viv as he was kept in a 2 ft aquarium ( and he was 2.5ft) and doesnt like too much open space yet but is coming round and has calmed down 1000%

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
so am i, squiggly wiggly giggly can be all yours and get lots of lurve an attention. I am jealous but i dont have the money for another bosc right now anyway. give him a kiss from me :D

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Still have the baby monitor if anyone is interested... the person who was interested felt they would be taking on too much and declined. I don't feel bad at all... just wished many more people would do their home work. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts