Reptile Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to circumstances i had not forseen i am having to downsize my collection. At the begining of this week i purchased a male and female Richardson Ground Squirrel which i have wanted for a very long time. Sadly due to a change in my circumstances i am having to re-home them through NO fault of their own.

I am not looking to make money on them just to recoup what i spent on buying them, travelling to get them and their full set up so and looking for £350 ovno.

They come with a brand new set which i purchased less then a week ago for them. It is the Ferplast 100 rabbit and guinea pig indoor cage - 2 Storey - . Piccies below. It is a very big and very nice cage.

The RGS are a male and female approx 12 weeks old. The female is getting friendly in the few days i have had her and will take food from your hand and come upto the bars to see you etc. The male is a bit smaller and not as confidant as she is but he is better at being handled once you pick him up. Neither struggle when you pick them up and havent bitten anyone since they been here. I believe they will make lovely tame RGS with daily interaction and age.

The male came to me with a sore on his nose and head. It looks like cage rub. I have bathed it 3 times a day with salted water and it is healing nicely. Apart from that they both look in fantastic healthy condition. Both eat and drink well. They at the moment are on chipmunk and squirrel food with a small piece fruit or veggies each day. I am still in the process of discovering what they do and dont like to eat. They def love carrot for sure :2thumb:

Photos are below and i welcome viewing. I am in Thurrock, Essex about 10 mins drive from junction 30 / 31 on the M25 / Dartford crossing. I would prefer cash on collection but would think about using a animal courier at buyers expense. I maybe able to deliver for cost of fuel in the Essex / London / Kent area.

Please bare in mind these animals will need daily handling and interaction with you to tame them for the rest of their lifes to get the best from them. I feel they have great potential to be fantastic pets if the effort is put in. There isnt much info about them on the net but i found this site to have great info:

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Omg I didn't know you had rgs vicki! They are just gorgeous oh I wish I had the money for them they look amazing!
Bump up for these guys! X

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Pinkchi. I really dont want to see them go to be honest :cry:

The female (Trixie as we call her) is a real sweetie and today i swear she grinned at me when i gave her a piece of carrot! Not sure if they can smile or even would but it def looked like it :whistling2:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Awww that is so cute! I bet your gutted :(
I really hope they find a good home! If I had the money and somewhere to put them I would of been knocking on your door tomorrow! Lol
Ireally hate living at my in-laws sometimes! One bedroom is not enough space for 2 people to live in! Grrr lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awww that is so cute! I bet your gutted :(
I really hope they find a good home! If I had the money and somewhere to put them I would of been knocking on your door tomorrow! Lol
Ireally hate living at my in-laws sometimes! One bedroom is not enough space for 2 people to live in! Grrr lol
I am gutted. The lil girl is soooo sweet and funny.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Open to offers. :2thumb:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On hold pending collection later today. Thank you for all the interest.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still looking for a new home and i am willing to take offers. :2thumb:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On hold.

·
Registered