Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought this snake as part of a job lot but it has something seriously wrong with it in that it has involuntary head movements.
anyway it feeds ok but cannot be bred from,just needs a loving home as a pet only !
pm me if interested ,a £25 rehoming fee applies to deter freebie idiots,if i think you not right for him i will not let him go!
cheers
matt

·
Banned
5,384 Posts
bought this snake as part of a job lot but it has something seriously wrong with it in that it has involuntary head movements.
anyway it feeds ok but cannot be bred from,just needs a loving home as a pet only !
pm me if interested ,a £25 rehoming fee applies to deter freebie idiots,if i think you not right for him i will not let him go!
cheers
matt
Can you explain what a "freebie idiot" is please?

Is it some one who would be willing to collect and take on a disabled snake that you purchased?

Good luck in finding it a home for life where it will be looked after, get all it's vets needs and will never be bred from.:2thumb:

·
Registered
511 Posts
well i have a fair few rescue animals that have or had problems or disabilties & only 2 i didnt pay a rehoming fee for (whether from rescue centre or private)
if people have to pay for something, they tend to think about it more than if it was free 'i will take it on anyway as its free' not thinking whats it going to cost once they take it home. im not saying EVERYONE has this attitude but you must admit many would.

anyway, im sure munchkin77 will find him a lovely caring pet home soon, someone who genuinely wants him enough to pay £25. i would love to but not in the position to atm & a bit far away too!
good luck
nicky :2thumb:

·
Registered
422 Posts
if your snake is having involuntary head movements, it could be a sign of ibd.
in which case i would move it away from the rest of your collection and i certainly wouldn't be thinking about rehoming it.

paul

·
Banned
5,384 Posts
if your snake is having involuntary head movements, it could be a sign of ibd.
in which case i would move it away from the rest of your collection and i certainly wouldn't be thinking about rehoming it.

paul

Good point Paul.
If it was part of a job lot it would be wise to make sure none of the others are affected.

I might be worth contacting the seller and telling them about your problems.

·
Registered
770 Posts
i thaught the same to can't really think of any thing else other than ibd that could effect the snake in this way although it is quite rare in this country but you can never be to sure if it is this it would be best for the snake to be euthanised to save suffering in the future as the condidtion can only get worse and will lead to death and also the spread to other snakes i would get it checked out. good luck with it though

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Neurological problems can be attributed to many underling factors, not just IBD.

As suggested you really should speak to the past owner/s and see what they have to say about it, IBD can devastate a collection as you know. People are right to fear the worst, but, at this stage there is nothing to suggest its not something less severe and completely uncontagious.

Can you describe the head movements in more detail?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I think more information is needed. Has it done it all its life or just recently? what has the previous owner said about it? Has it seen a vet?

Kay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts