Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Male skunk for sale, 11 months old,descented,has had his injections,Mostly litter trained has a few little accidents, not destructive. Very food orientated and the usual skunky traits,a very big fella!

·
Registered
52 Posts
skunky

Hi there, my hubby may well be interested in this lad, how do you think he'd fair in a house full of animals? He'd mainly need to be ok with dogs, cats and a ferret, oh, and children. Lol. we're not too far away either, just outside Lichfield. Any chance of a pic please?:2thumb:

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
can i ask, how can the skunk be 11 months old & descented? as descenting was made illegal in (i believe) 2007 in the uk

·
Registered
103 Posts
descenting skunks!

I really wish people would stop going on about descenting being illegal.... It is not illegal, it is inethical, it has been changed by the rsvs to secondary legislation, it is classed as a mutilation the same as docking dogs tails, it cannot be performed to make the animal a more favorable pet but it can be performed if it is done for a medical reason, and why is everyone so anti descenting??? 3 years ago people wouldnt buy a skunk unless it was descented.... so before everyone jumps on someone for having a descented skunk I wish they would get there facts right and keep there noses out of others business. I am all for descenting, I have many rescues come to me because of spraying, this will continue till people either give up breeding or people start to discard them into the wild, then skunk keepers will be sorry, especially when they have to pay to register there pets or are stopped from keeping them all together..... sorry rant over lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts