Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I do hope that this doesn’t affect anyone directly on here but heard about it and was wondering if there is any new information on what happened. I hear that the he was holding the boa around his shoulders, the Boa started slipping, and it tighten around his neck and strangled him. i don't know if this is really the case.

This is a news report on it:
Man Dies After Snake Attack - National News Story - WJAC Johnstown

Mark.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Far as i know, he had it around the kneck and thought he was gettting a neck massage, obviously he was mistaken : victory: What do people expect it to do? flop around his neck without constricting to feel safe

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
there has been 1 or 2 threads about this and it was also in the sun (cheap paper for my snake to S:censor:T on)
or if you run out of toilet roll :whistling2:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
it was probably all just a deam.....i kno how boas get when they slip an get unbalenced but i find it hard to beleive it would strangle him to Death!! ive had it happen with a 8ft female (no i didnt wrap her round my neck) an she freaked out but i had control,

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
same sort of thing the kids where watching some thing with that bindi girl in it and she had a boa and called it a python. and you know the funny thing they all turned to me and said thats a boa like yours lol

·
Registered
706 Posts
What gets me is that in all this sort of news report they scream that the snake killed the man!

He could have twisted his foot in an electric cable and fallen downstairs. He could have used a faulty jack whch gave way as he worked underneath his car. He could have stuck his head out of a train window as it went into a tunnel. (OK I know you can't open train windows these days but you get my drift?) Would the papers say, 'electric cable kills man'? Or 'train kills man?' (Or woman)

Sorry if this is a bit longwinded, but what's obvious to me, if not sun readers, is that this was a freak accident and the snake had no intention of killing him. That, however, wouldn't get the papers sold or the telly turned on ... It's cheap sensationalism, which is highly dangerous if it influences legislation affecting snake owners.

Snakes are innocent, ok?

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
It's cheap sensationalism, which is highly dangerous if it influences legislation affecting snake owners.

He was killed by a boa. Captive snakes have killed before and they will again. The news report is a reminder to all that they need to be handled and secured responsibly. It's not really cheap sensationalism. Ask the friends and family of the deceased if they think it is!

And not all legislation affecting snake owners is a bad thing!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
:zzz:

Uh? What? Boa? Where?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts