Reptile Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People!

Any one know of any type of reptile convention or expo that are coming this year? In Manchester? Ive Becoming quite jealous after watching SnakeByte's TV.
I want to go to a place where i can see all types of reptiles!! And get bitten. :(

Thanks

·
Registered
1,796 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Im guessing no transaction of buying and selling snakes? Appreciate the reply.
Local Reptile meets no transactions

Doncaster is a breeders show .. its all about selling reptiles similar to the ones you have seen on snakebytes but smaller scale

·
Registered
181 Posts
Doncaster is a excelent day out. And would be worth the drive from manchester, just make sure you get there early because the ques are huge:Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Any links on opening times and other Info?

Thanks
Not yet, they get published a bit further into the new year, they normally have two open to all shows a year one in June and one in September. They are not a mega early start (unless you a seller :lol2:) show opens at 10.15am to members and 10.45am for non members, or that's what it has been so far. As a non member you simply queue and pay at the door. The queue is always pretty long in the morning, show stays open until about 4pm ish. Best bargains on the common species at the end of the show but the odder things sell at the beginning of the show.

Well worth the drive up and really easy to get to, it's at the doncaster dome.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeh Doncaster is an awesome day out. I end up buying tonnes things when i go, Although its not as big as the ones you'll see on snakebytes. Im not sure when the next one is in 2011, the last ones were 20th June and 26th September in 2010. So i should imagine there around the same dates again, Keep your eyes peel'd on the internet for dates next year. :lol2:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So Close!

Doncaster seems so far seeing that i live in Oldham but i suppose its a good reason to try to get there. I just need more information and some kind of official link but seeing that everything aint set up yet i suppose i can wait.

Thanks Guys and Girls :D

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Yeh Doncaster is an awesome day out. I end up buying tonnes things when i go, Although its not as big as the ones you'll see on snakebytes. Im not sure when the next one is in 2011, the last ones were 20th June and 26th September in 2010. So i should imagine there around the same dates again, Keep your eyes peel'd on the internet for dates next year. :lol2:
Usually the third weekend in June so in theory it should be the 19th but don't hold me to it. I'm sure the dates have been released in the ihs newsletter, if I can find it is another matter :lol2:

Edit - nope can't find it

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Doncaster seems so far seeing that i live in Oldham but i suppose its a good reason to try to get there. I just need more information and some kind of official link but seeing that everything aint set up yet i suppose i can wait.

Thanks Guys and Girls :D
i used to live in rochdale and doncaster isnt actually that far. what about the train if you dont want to drive, or do you still not have a train link?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unfortunately our train station has been closed and is apparently getting replaced with a tram line. I hope, plus i really cant drive yet. Still learning. Sadly :( But i can try other modes of transport. Friends with cars :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts