Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

i only got my mantis last week, and she has been feeding fine etc and last night she was fine to, i just went to check on her and she is at the bottom of her tub and not looking good :(

She is an african mantis and about 2 inches in length, any help would be great

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just went to pick her up and misted her, she seems to be holding herself a bit better, so i have left her. It just concerned me when her head was in the soil face down :(

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
They can get into some odd positions sometimes, it makes you think they are about to die and then they perk up and carry on as normal.

How old is it? Is it an adult?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I havent even had her a week and i know they are delicate little things, i would of thought she is adult as she is about 2 inches long. I just hope she is ok.
I love her to bits and would be devastated if something happened so soon.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
I havent even had her a week and i know they are delicate little things, i would of thought she is adult as she is about 2 inches long. I just hope she is ok.
I love her to bits and would be devastated if something happened so soon.
Does it have wings and wing case like this photo..

Or does it have nothing over it's abdomen, like this....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
has wing casings like your photo, i have managed to sit her up on the branch, and she looks alot better, her abdomen is going up and down, so hopefully she may be ok.

I got to go to work aswell so my son is going to keep me updated on her progress. I got an empty sweet jar comming tomorrow so she has a bigger place to live in.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Where did you get it from? The trouble with it being an adult is that you don't know how old it is.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Ah that's a shame, next time make sure you get one that isn't adult yet. Go for a smallish nymph : victory:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts