Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed some signs of burrowing in the cork bark, And tonight have spotted three red beatles (not a kopite tribute act). I am guessing they have come from some escapie mealworms. Can anyone confirm this and do you know if they are edable ?

On a different note my adult bd will only eat locusts (not too small and not with wings) oh and waxworms which he will actually move to eat them fussy bugger.
He will eat mealworm but not too fussed. bought phoenix worms £6 for 100. And guess what.

No he wont go near them, I even held a waxworm in one hand and a phoenix in the other. went straight for wax worm so swopped hands and went straight for the waxworm again !!!!!!!!!!!!!:rant2:
They are his fav but just too unhealthy.

The young uns eat the phoenix worms but willeat the lot in three days so wont buy very often.

I am going to get some roaches of rickeeze any one used them ? if succsessful will start a colony in the summer.

Sorry lots of questions but its the beatle im after the answer on first.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Little beetles? about 3/4mm? if so they infest cork bark..not from the mealworms that you would use to feed your rep as they are smaller..look very similiar though..

if they are bigger than they are bound to be from escapee mealworms..they will not harm the rep, they are supposed to taste nasty though and in large numbers could cause gut impaction.

lobster roaches are pretty cool...rick swears by em! i kinda like em just to look at but they are a great staple food..

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
Roaches

we had some roaches of rickeeze and they have gone down a storm with our beardies and everyone else, we will definatley be ordering a colony asap:lol2:

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
mine wont eat them neither.if they do eat them i dont think it would do any harm.i know people whos geckos love them but just not my little ones.i know mine love old wax worms once they turn into moths though.if its not my geckos running after them its me running round after them before they get into my wooly jumpers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts