Reptile Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so after reading jims experiment on uv thread i have decided to upgrade to a megaray.

i havent brought it yet.

i got a chameleon from a member on here and totaly forgot to ask how old the uv tube is and what type it is. that aside the cham is in a 3ft tall 2wide and 2 deep viv which he seems pleantyful happy in and roams around quite nicely in no disernable pattern (cause if it was circles i would worry he was cramped) im going to upgrade to a lovely big flexarium when i got spare cash.

now for the questions

how much heat does the 120w megaray bulb give out?
will it be to powerful for a 2x3x2 vivarium?
will it be okay in a 100 flexarium? or next biggest size. will additional basking lamp be needed? extra heating? or will megaray kick out enough heat for basking and uv soaking?

i think there is a 10% tube in there atm (its being changed next month just in case its dead) is there an easy way to give a gradual increase so it doesnt cause shock to the chameleons system or anything like that?

he will be provided with an area specificaly built (yes built, i love to build things) that will block the uv rays for him to escape into if he feels the need to. (like a beardie diving under a rock)

also what effect will a megaray have on live plants?
specificaly for any of you who may be a botanist, heavenly bamboo, spider plant and japanese aralia

there is also artificial plants in there and a Y shaped branch, bamboo stick things, skinny as hell but strong tree root/vine thing and an exo vine for him to climb on.

i dont want to whack a megaray in there and have it cause problems. and yes i will be investing in a uv meter before buying the megaray (hence replacing the tube instead of just up grading, it allows me more time to scrape together the £200 odd for both the meter and megaray)

thanks for any input

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone at all?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts