Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Ive ordered two 160W Exo Terra MV bulbs and I'm having some problems working out how Im going to mount them. My first though is a clamp lamp but Im having trouble finding a clamp lamp that will actually work with a 160W bulb.

I went to pets at home and found the exo terra medium clamp lamp, it said on the box up to 200W but on the lamp itself it said 150W max, the staff could not figure out why either so I didn't buy it. I have also looked for other alternatives but it seems like i'll be needing to buy a basic ceramic lamp holder. (Reptile Vivarium Ceramic Bulb Lamp Heater Holder ES (E27 1" 25mm): Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

I considered using this too, Arcadia Ceramic Compact Lampholder Bracket: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home: Arcadia but I live in rented accomodation and im not keen on attaching it to the wall.

I have to someone how mount a Bulb to a fish tank and a tortoise table and I cant bloody figure out how! Help!

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
Hi,

Try this

Arcadia the leaders in pet-care lighting technology - Ceramic Reflector Clamp Lamps

It's plug and play, it comes complete with all you need including the guard.

Product code ARM160 20cm fitting

Thanks

John

Hello,
Ive ordered two 160W Exo Terra MV bulbs and I'm having some problems working out how Im going to mount them. My first though is a clamp lamp but Im having trouble finding a clamp lamp that will actually work with a 160W bulb.

I went to pets at home and found the exo terra medium clamp lamp, it said on the box up to 200W but on the lamp itself it said 150W max, the staff could not figure out why either so I didn't buy it. I have also looked for other alternatives but it seems like i'll be needing to buy a basic ceramic lamp holder. (Reptile Vivarium Ceramic Bulb Lamp Heater Holder ES (E27 1" 25mm): Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

I considered using this too, Arcadia Ceramic Compact Lampholder Bracket: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home: Arcadia but I live in rented accomodation and im not keen on attaching it to the wall.

I have to someone how mount a Bulb to a fish tank and a tortoise table and I cant bloody figure out how! Help!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay I cancelled my order as it was getting silly trying to find a fixture for the bloody bulbs at an affordable price. But then today in the post arrives a 125W Exo Terra Solar Glo lamp, I did not order this and there was no invoice in the packaging. I actually ordered 2 x 160W bulbs but seem to have been sent a 125W Bulb despite having my order cancelled (received email confirming this from the seller) so pending my bank account being credited back the cost of the bulb it seems ive received a free bulb, i still don't have a fitting i can use it with though :S

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
one of those wire /cage fittings with the porcelain screw in bit and a stand..or suspend it vertically from a beam or the likes..I find the 125W Solar glo great for my hatchling tort table but the 160w Solar glo I use for my adult freshwater turts. That said, the longevity of the 125w is dicey, no two bulbs behaving the same. Some become problematic when starting up in the morning. Others start to become very "blue-ish" in their light output after a few weeks...but they are gorgeously cheap in a ruined economic landscape....so maybe try the Arcadia brand out... seems relatively pricey but all the lads are giving it the thumbs up over there...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.