·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Have I missed something?
This is the tortoise/turtle shelled section.

·
Registered
15,217 Posts
Have I missed something?
This is the tortoise/turtle shelled section.

*nods*....yes, yes you have. The op says they are trying to form a reptile group/show. Tortoises are reptiles.......arent they? Frankly its amazing people on this forum even assosciate with the shelled section with the lovley reputation shelled has developed. . And before you say it, i am a REPTILE keeper, i am not just a tortoise keeper!

Great fun can be had at reptile meetings and shows, i recomend them to anybody. well worth a looky see if you have a any local to you.

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Well I couldnt see any mention of tortoises, and I am not stupid enough to think that some tort keepers dont keep snakes too. But posting on here it would have been polite to have mentioned tortoises too.
But that I suppose is todays society:gasp:
Most snakes shows I have been too, are exactly that.

·
Registered
15,217 Posts
Well I couldnt see any mention of tortoises, and I am not stupid enough to think that some tort keepers dont keep snakes too. But posting on here it would have been polite to have mentioned tortoises too.
But that I suppose is todays society:gasp:
Most snakes shows I have been too, are exactly that.

i agree that torts are nopt very common at shows, and most of the torts there are imports. It would be fabulous for more breeders to make their presence known at meetings by booking a table. You dont even have to sell on the day if you dont want to.......Testudo man did it just to raise awareness of UKCB over imports. Thats why he is a legend :flrt:

But shows are the perfect chance to see what upto date equipment is on offer, aswell as oggle some other animals.

·
Premium Member
4,677 Posts
I'm a turtle keeper primarily, but I also keep snakes....

I love reptile shows/meets... and I have seen some turtles and tortoise at UK shows, plus equipment for chelonia so well worth a look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts