Reptile Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a place that would make to order, metal fish tank stands? Like the clearseal two tier black metal stands, but larger?

Am looking for one for a 5 foot tank

It's for my turtle room, so just has to be functional, not pretty (hence not wanting a cabinet)

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Just a one from google.
Prototype fabrications
Unit 6a, Althorpe Street,
Althorpe Industrial Estate,
LEAMINGTON SPA,
CV31 2AU

Tel : 01926 882588

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Jo - look in your yellow pages and just find welding and fabrication companies nearby. they will probably be less expensive than custom tank builds and they will be able to work completely to your specifications xx

·
Banned
950 Posts
Just go into cheap-mode and press the "Easy-button"......hit up your local hardware store/ lumber yard, buy a few cinder blocks, a piece of plywood equal to the surface area of the stacked cinder blocks, and about 2" wider and longer than the dimensions of the tank, and put a piece of cardboard or styrofoam between the wood and tank bottom. PRESTO!!

I could have spent over $300 on a stand for my 120 gallon, but instead I made my own for $30. Throw a table cloth over-top if u don't like the way it looks.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Just go into cheap-mode and press the "Easy-button"......hit up your local hardware store/ lumber yard, buy a few cinder blocks, a piece of plywood equal to the surface area of the stacked cinder blocks, and about 2" wider and longer than the dimensions of the tank, and put a piece of cardboard or styrofoam between the wood and tank bottom. PRESTO!!

I could have spent over $300 on a stand for my 120 gallon, but instead I made my own for $30. Throw a table cloth over-top if u don't like the way it looks.

Err, can you do a two tier stand with "cinder blocks"?:whistling2:

·
Registered
4,370 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
What CAN'T you build out of cinder blocks? It just takes a little planning and creativity. Draw up a blue-print.....mess around with a little. Didn't you ever have LEGOS when you where a kid? :p

No, had Meccano and by having that would prefer a metal tank stand made properly.:lol2::lol2:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
The thing is Jo asked for a metal stand, now if she wanted blocks then the thread would be a whole different story.:Na_Na_Na_Na:

So do you know and metal fabricators near Daventry?

·
Banned
950 Posts
The thing is Jo asked for a metal stand, now if she wanted blocks then the thread would be a whole different story.:Na_Na_Na_Na:

So do you know and metal fabricators near Daventry?
No. I was merely trying to save the OP large amounts of money by starting a "Do-it-yourself" project.

·
Banned
950 Posts
Did you read my post, Jo has more class.

I think everyone has class, some more than others.:whistling2:
Having more class = saving money that doesn't need to be spent so you can use it on more IMPORTANT things like healthier pet food, better filters, bigger tanks, quality products, etc.

I can already tell by your superficial mentality that I wouldn't get along with you. But by all means, go "look pretty" for someone who cares, cuz I sure don't.

Sorry for trying to help. And don't go around judging peoples' class by how smart they are with money. You don't know me and you don't know most of these people except from internet posts, so stick your prejudiced attitude where the sun don't shine.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Having more class = saving money that doesn't need to be spent so you can use it on more IMPORTANT things like healthier pet food, better filters, bigger tanks, quality products, etc.

I can already tell by your superficial mentality that I wouldn't get along with you. But by all means, go "look pretty" for someone who cares, cuz I sure don't.

Sorry for trying to help. And don't go around judging peoples' class by how smart they are with money. You don't know me and you don't know most of these people except from internet posts, so stick your prejudiced attitude where the sun don't shine.

Are you taking some kind of medication?
Are the little voices making you read something that isn't there?

I have mentioned nothing about YOUR class.

Perhaps people make a choice on what they want and can afford to do as they wish.
Clearly you make your choice.

Now I'm making mine and going to bed.
Nighty night. xxx

·
Premium Member
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Whoa boys :gasp:

Victor, I am not adverse to doing things on the cheap, with the large collection I have, it's almost a must and I have several home made stands (wooden).. Here's one of them.

However, I pefer metal stands... It's to go in my turtle room, so 'looks' is not too much of an issue. Also, having just moved house, I have a 101 other jobs that need doing, and having someone else make a stand would save me one of those jobs :lol2:

Depends how much I can get one made for... if it's too pricey then yes, will make my own. Thanks everyone for your suggestions :2thumb:

Stary Eyed - thanks for the comment re class - I never knew you cared! :blush::lol2:

·
Registered
11,327 Posts
No, had Meccano and by having that would prefer a metal tank stand made properly.:lol2::lol2:
:lol2:

Whoa boys :gasp:

Victor, I am not adverse to doing things on the cheap, with the large collection I have, it's almost a must and I have several home made stands (wooden).. Here's one of them.

However, I pefer metal stands... It's to go in my turtle room, so 'looks' is not too much of an issue. Also, having just moved house, I have a 101 other jobs that need doing, and having someone else make a stand would save me one of those jobs :lol2:

Depends how much I can get one made for... if it's too pricey then yes, will make my own. Thanks everyone for your suggestions :2thumb:

Stary Eyed - thanks for the comment re class - I never knew you cared! :blush::lol2:
:gasp: Jo!
That is supremely awesome. Hope the move's been going okay : victory:

On a side note....does using cinder blocks and a bit of wood actually work as well and as safely as using a stand/cabinet to spread the load properly on the floor? And surely it adds a lot of weight? When I was reading about floors and such before doing my pond, I came across info about using plywood or similar to 'spread' the weight actually not being effective from a structural engineering point of view.

But I don't know, I was satisfied to have a joiner tell me my floor was good for it :D

·
Premium Member
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Dawn... house move was a nightmare... took us a full two weeks to move all the tanks and animals... was glad to get back to work for a rest! :lol2:

Turtle room not finished yet... still got some (way overdue) tank upgrades to do and may have to move some bits and bobs around... but it's getting there (still got some electrics to sort out too)

Suffice to say, my dreams of living on the coast have now gone on hold... as I am NEVER moving again! :lol2::lol2:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.