Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a disasterous heat-spike in the incubator about a week before their due-date (based on 60d incubation) only 2 hatched and survived :(
but Kathy M now has a PROVEN male Miami :no1:
(please excuse the poo, the need to clean out prompted the photo session! lol)

compared to a wild-type/carolina (from another clutch)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Aww! Gorgeous little guy, makes me want one!!:)

Reactions: gingerpony

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
They are pretty, but I still see a lot of potential background colour creeping through which is not typical of great quality miamis. Was he bred to another miami? It could be the start of some great line bred miamis with a bit of work :)

·
Registered
9,905 Posts
Oh Alison, they are gorgeous! You've got me all broody looking at them, they're perfect. I love the aztec-y Carolina too, really nice. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet :flrt:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was a miami x miami pairing, will try to get some pics of the parents posted on here :)

i think the aztecy pattern on the carolina is prolly down to the heat spike.....i suppose it wasn't ALL bad :blush: though i'm still incredibly P'ed off about it and i've binned the stat in question!
i've also shelved the incubator and have tubs of eggs sat between RUBs in my rack, despite the mats running through an on/off stat they're maintaining a steady 27*C so i'm hopeful...... :)

Reactions: KathyM

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pics of the parents.............
mum Poppy, looking a skinny-mini after laying

and dad, Kathy M's Horatio

Reactions: KathyM

·
Registered
9,905 Posts
Oh wow, they both look absolutely amazing! Thanks Alison! How are the babies doing?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the babies are good Kathy :no1:

tried them on 2 pinkies the other week (as they look huge compared to the next clutch from the amel stripe) which went down well now they're back on 1 per feed for a while as i don't want to over do it but i think they were disappointed :lol2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts