Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm sure that some of you may be able to get mice cheaper but after paying the extorionate shop prices I have finally found someone who can supply me with mice at a reasonable price. I have used them for my own snakes and have had no problems. She was recommended to me by one othe locum vets I work with and he collects them for me from langford college. Here are the prices that she quoted me:

Pinkies 10's = £1.50 ...... These can be very small i.e. a few days old that are suitable for new born snakes, or normal size about 4/5 days old, or what ever size you want!!?

Adult/large mice at about 20 - 30g are £3.50 for ten

Large/extra large ( which are ex breeders ) about 40g are £4.50 for ten.

I am not after making a profit, just thought that if any one wanted any I might be able to get some for you. Collection only as I have no way to pack them so they arrive frozen. I live in Bridgwater somerset and also travel to Bristol every 4-6 weeks to visit family.
Thanx for reading
Tanya xx

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
that seems good... its not ron selling them is he? aint heard from him for ages.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya,
Nope its a lady called shirley. I haven't met her personally only spoken through email.
Tanya xxx

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
well she should do well from that... for that area those are very good prices.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm glad I have found something at a good price!! Mice are expensive down here, the cheapest I could find were 5 pinkies for £2 so it is saving me a fair few pennies! Who knows I may be able to feed a few more snakes!!! At least the other half cant complain about the food bill!!
Tanya xx

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
I might just have to put in a big oredr and drive over :D

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a problem!! Let me know what you might want and I can mail her to see what she can supply.
Tanya xxx

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
ok thanks, I will probably tie it in with something else so it might not be for a little while, unless I can find something else to by in your area :lol:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok No Probs, I see you have a few nice corns for sale, I might be interested in a couple myself.
Tanya xxxx

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
lol that could work out well, I could deliver and collect mice at the same time :D

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure could, Let me know what you have available closer to the time!
Tanya xx

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll send her an email and find out.
Tanya xxx

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
bribrian said:
That is quite cheap, too far for me though......
what, cant you swim? :lol:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
lol, ah well.. maybe the boat is an option next time then

·
Banned
290 Posts
thats a great price, up here i pay 8.50 for 15pinkies

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
thats a right messed up costing

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
Hey guys, I think the OP's prices are cheaper but if you can't travel and need them delivered... I buy from Simon's Rodents - he is a trade list but you don't actually have to be a pet shop to order frozen rodents. Delivery is £18 though whatever you order but here are his prices

Pinkies - 16p (500+ 13p)
Fuzzies - 20p (500+ 18p)
Small (10-15g) - 30p (25p)
Med (16-20g) - 40p (30p)
Large (21-28g) - 50p (35p)
Monster (30g+) - 60p (50p)

Rats go from 25p for pups to 75p for medium, 90p for large and £1 for giant. Rabbits are £2.50-£4.50 depending on size and guinea pigs are £1.50

They can sell rodents frozen to the general public because frozen food is 0% VAT.

To get the 500+ price on mice its a MIXED order, not 500 of that size.. so I always order 500 mixed.

I have bought 500 mice from him twice a year for the last 3 years. The companies website is www.simonsrodents.co.uk and even though it says trade only, and designed for shops etc. don't hesitate to email or phone cos I've never had a problem with my orders.

I am not affiliated with them in any way but they have always brought my frozen mice by their own van with the same driver even though I'm 200 miles away - and always friendly! Saves me a fortune from shop prices.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts