Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had a mouse eating snake and am collectin a Royal python and Boa in Friday both are small and I was wondering if anyone can tell me which size mice and how often to feed these?

·
Registered
399 Posts
It's hard to say without seeing the size of them but would expect them to be on fuzzies at least maybe half growns.You don't want to offer them mice fatter than the fattest part of the body.As for how often i usually wait until they have been to the toilet and feed them the next day so usually every 4-5 days,but all snakes are different,the person you're getting them from should tell you what they are feeding on and how often.Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
If your Royal hatched this year (an 06 royal) it will probably be about the same size as mine. My royal is about 7 months old.. just under 2ft long. She takes a large mouse once a week.

Best bet as previous poster said.. check with the previous owner, but the 'as wide as the thickest part of the snake' isnt far off from my experience.

Good luck with your new snakes :D

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
just as a guide, 2 of my boas were born in may and 1 in july and i have been feeding them 2 small mice every tuesday for about 2/3 weeks now and seem to take them well enough and strike feed at both!

would say 1 small mouse would be ideal but if im not ill stand corrected :lol:

G

·
Royals and Boas will take fuzzies or small mice from birth and my boas born around august are on either small rat weaners or extra large mice now and taking 2 in a sitting

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks
I'll get pictures when I get the snakes :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts