Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how it works. obviously the dial on the left sets the day time temperature like a normal thermostat but not clear about the one on the right. is that how much the temperature will drop when it gets dark or what the temperature will be?
the instructions aren't that clear!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
yes the dial on the right is how much you want the temp to fall from the day time temp.

·
Registered
549 Posts
i have one of the microclimate state and i love it, i have the dl2 model

to get the night time temp drop to work is very simple

1. wait until the night time drop starts working
then adjust the the right hand dial say to 5 and then make a note of the temp if the temp has not dropped enough turn the dial up to 10 this will drop the temp further

dont forget to use a thermometer to measure the temp in your viv where you want the temp to drop

the model i have is numbered from 5-25 on the night time drop dial ,the higher the number you use the lower the temp will drop so if i use 25 the night time temp drop will be alot but if i use the number 5 it wont drop that much hopes this helps

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
The lest hand dial is for day time basking temperature, the right hand dial is for the amount of degrees of night time drop you want from the basking temperature you have set on the lef thand dial.

The little adjuster at the bottom changes the sensitivity of the magic eye (Llight Sensor).

The light sensors detection of night and day affects how your thermostat runs, i power mine by timered strip lights in the reptile room, i know that other people point the unit to the window in the room in which you keep your snakes so as to pick up natural light. You will find if you are using natural ambient light coming in through the window that the sesitivity of the light sensor will need to be turned up quite high for it to register a change. (If the sensistivity is too low then it will constantly run at night setting.)

Hope this helps.

regards chaz

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
i got this me self had it a cuple week and i just carnt get to grips with it http://www.microclimate.co.uk/dl2me_user_guide.pdf
IS THE GREEN PAWER LHGIT SUPOSTER FLAS CONSTANTLY 24/7
According to the PDF that you posted, a flashing green LED indicates it's in night time mode. I'm guessing something isn't connected properly?

LED Functions
The GREEN LED has two functions, when on full it indicates that the thermostat is
connected to the mains supply, when flashing it also indicates that the thermostat is
in night time mode.
The YELLOW LED on the thermostat indicates power being sent to the heater. If the
temperature that has been set requires full power from the heater then the LED will
be on full brightness if the power required is only half power then the LED will be on
half brightness. If no power at all is required the LED will be off. The thermostat will
control the power from off to full on resulting in extremely accurate and stable
temperature control. If the YELLOW LED remains on full brightness for prolonged
periods this would indicate that a higher wattage heater may be required to achieve
the temperature that has been set.​
The RED LED indicates that an alarm has been activated.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
According to the PDF that you posted, a flashing green LED indicates it's in night time mode. I'm guessing something isn't connected properly?

LED Functions
The GREEN LED has two functions, when on full it indicates that the thermostat is
connected to the mains supply, when flashing it also indicates that the thermostat is
in night time mode.
The YELLOW LED on the thermostat indicates power being sent to the heater. If the
temperature that has been set requires full power from the heater then the LED will
be on full brightness if the power required is only half power then the LED will be on
half brightness. If no power at all is required the LED will be off. The thermostat will
control the power from off to full on resulting in extremely accurate and stable
temperature control. If the YELLOW LED remains on full brightness for prolonged
periods this would indicate that a higher wattage heater may be required to achieve
the temperature that has been set.​
The RED LED indicates that an alarm has been activated.
somert rong then as the green flashes constantly and the yellow heat lhgit flases constantly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts