Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a microclimate heater & Stat for my viv, instead of using heat mats but I don't know wether it'd be suitable for my viv.

I have a Penine Vivarium, the trapezium shaped one, and it's made of that tough plasticy stuff like faunariums?

Would the heat melt it?

If it wouldn't what kind of price would I be looking at for the full set up? including stat?

It's only for leos so wouldn't need to be a high wattage.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think julia has what your looking for.
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/equipment-classifieds/135250-thermostats-ahs-systems.html
my penine viv takes the heat well as i have a low watt red lamp in it (statted of coarse) and the plastic feels quite warm but takes the heat well so if these heaters have stats or one connected im sure it will be fine with the plastic.

jamie:2thumb:
Thanks...
but would I even need 100w? the vivs only 36x18x18 so for leos wouldn't 60w be enough?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
not sure really as i have never used them but if you get a 100w you can always turn it down where as if you get a 60w and dont get the heat you need in a 3ft viv your stuffed lol.

up to you though.

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not sure really as i have never used them but if you get a 100w you can always turn it down where as if you get a 60w and dont get the heat you need in a 3ft viv your stuffed lol.

up to you though.
Very true:lol2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts