Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any advice on where to get a job working with venomous snakes for anti serum production, preferably catching from the wild and milking to release.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
This isnt really done much tbh.. not over here at least. Most milked animals are in captive laboratory collections. You would probably need to have a toxicology degree to be considered for it anyhow.
Liverpool school of tropical medicine have run various venom studies over the years if you want to get in touch with someone working in that field...

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Very few places "milk to release", they tend to keep the animals for longer periods milking on a regular basis.
Milking to release is usually done on those animals that are rare and part of s specific study.

I have no idea which country you're in but i'd suggest the best places to look at are the eastern countries or scientific establishments.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
there is only one person (i think) in the UK who can do this, he is not a user on here, but does use livefoods

contact Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine for more information on this

you can do that via this page

http://www.liv.ac.uk/lstm/about/RequestInformation.htm

i am also told they are the only place in the uk licensed to do this..

hope that helps

Nerys

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys anymore would be appreciated please keep them coming. I am VERY VERY interested. Live long and prosper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts