Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my little milksnake rascal hasnt eatern for about 6 weeks now,ive tryed everything.he shed 2 weeks ago and was eating fine before.

ive tryed heating the pinkie,putting him into a small container,cutting the pinkie for him to smell,putting the pinkie right near his nose,teasing him with it etc etc.

my other corn snake is eating okay and hes at the same temps etc.

i spoke to a lady at the pet shop,she said to keep trying and if he dont feed to force feed him....is this right?i wouldnt know where to begin.

getting very frustrated now,temps are fine and i havnt changed pinkie supplier....please help :(

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
did you ask the person u got him from what he ws being fed before?
i ahd a corn that would only eat rat pinkies rather than mouse pinkies?
also have you tried holding him while trying to feed him this works for me just incase anyone trys to knock it..the heat from your hands seems to attract them more to eat...also try taking his water away if he still isnt eating then give him a wet pinkie...hope it helps x

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he was fed the same frozen pinkies as the ones in the shop i got him from,he ate okay for his first three feeds but just doesnt seem intrested at all.

im gonna try feeding him in my hands tonight,hopefully he wont try and eat my fingers lol x

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
lol he wont if he does hit u its a start though at least hes taking interest lol:D
warm it up and brain it a little:D should get his tastebuds going lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he stiked at me last week,made me jump so much i nearly sent the christmas tree flying lol.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
lol sounds like hes hungry now lol:D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:( tryed feeding him again last night by mashing the pinkie abit.he still hasnt touched it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Oh no!! I hate it when they don't eat :evil:
(This may/may not be useful)
A mate of mine had a really stubborn milk that would only take mice when they had been treated with lizard maker :shock:
Just something to consider :)
Hope he feeds soon!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've only read about Kings and Milks so i might be wrong but i read that they will eat almost anything, i dunno how big the snake is but could you try feeding it a small chick or something like that?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im going to cold blooded in rainham friday so i will ask there what they suggest.its driving me bloody mad,hestwice the size of a hb pencil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts