Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was doing the rounds last night and took a few pics of some of the smaller tarantulas in my collection.

First up, "Mini Bones" the E. murinus - growing well, eating like a dustbin.

And now a group of 5 juvie P. formosa, no aggression witnessed yet with these guys.

Who is hiding down there?

"Oliver" the little Citharischius crawshayi (sex unknown)

and next "Beetle" the ickle Plesiopelma sp. Bolivia

More to follow ...

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Great pics . :2thumb:

Any idea on the sex of the Plesiopelma ? I've a female here and after the next shedding it should be mature (if she isn't already) but there's not that many about . I'm even picking up a pair of slings tomorrow at SEAS in the hope I get a male .

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moving onto a very fat little G. pulchra - about a year and a half old, growing slooooooow.

And another little guy in need of a moult, little P. sp. “Ecuador type II”

And a little one in need of a rehouse as his hole is no longer deep enough for him - he dug it right out, bless him. Little H. albostriatum

And Xenesthis immanis

and moving on again ...

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great pics . :2thumb:

Any idea on the sex of the Plesiopelma ? I've a female here and after the next shedding it should be mature (if she isn't already) but there's not that many about . I'm even picking up a pair of slings tomorrow at SEAS in the hope I get a male .
Thanks.

No idea of the sex of the Plesiopelma I'm afraid, it's only an inch across at the moment, mind you these are a dwarf species aren't they? How big is an adult female?

If it does moult out male, I'll defo give you a shout :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And moving onto a little A. caniceps - I've had this thing ages, about 8 months and it has never moulted in my care. It has just grown an enormous pea-butt LOL, hoping it moults soon, but it doesn't seem in a hurry t do so.

And - yikes - this little thing scares me half to death, and it's only 2cm LOL. It's already evil and fast as lightning. Cyriopagopus schioedtei.

And the best pic I could get of one of my elusive H. lividum - peek a boo I see you.

moving to a little Phormoictopus cancerides (these are so cute when small)

And a Grammostola pulchripes

and to finish a little B. smithi

Thanks for looking :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
very nice collection

·
Registered
330 Posts
Nice selection of T's you have there. I have a P.Sp.Equador II juvie they are stunning eating machines. Maybe they will meet one day ;)
Your Plesiopelma sp. Bolivia is a lovely looking spider. I have several "dwarf" species but not this one. I may keep my eye out for that one.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Thanks.

No idea of the sex of the Plesiopelma I'm afraid, it's only an inch across at the moment, mind you these are a dwarf species aren't they? How big is an adult female?

If it does moult out male, I'll defo give you a shout :2thumb:
Talked to Scheller earlier at SEAS and he said they grow to approx 4.5CM body length .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts