Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any hints or tips on how to find a missing royal she's only 500g so still small, I've read the missing snake sticky so just looking for any more hints or tips

·
Registered
14 Posts
I lost wifes milk snake few days ago!! Found her back of the fridge:) I would say start at the hottest area from where royal was last? Hope that makes sense? Good luck x

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
my GTP got out twice in 3 days before(dont ask) he was found at opposite ends of the house, nowhere near any heat sources and on the floor both times(i thought he was gonna seek security up high being aboreal). So my advice would be look EVERYWHERE not just where you think he may be. Not much help i know but it happened to me in the middle of night in January so the House was absolutely freezing(no heating or anything on) and he was OK after he warmed up so im sure youll find yours and everything will be OK :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Think like a snake

In my limited experience (having once lost a milk snake - friend left the vivarium slightly open). Its best to think like a snake. If the snake escaped from his/her viv then, in my experience, they usually head down to the floor and stick close to walls looking for the first small gap to head through. My muilk snake turned up after a week of looking in the garage which was attached to the house. He must have headed down to the floor and along the floor until he found a pipe heading into the garage (the pipe had a gap around it just big enough for him to slip through). There is a post on here that describes making a bottle trap for lost snakes which may be worth looking into. I wonder if using a uv torch would show any trace of his movement?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the advice it was very much appreciated, happy to report that as I sat munching a cherry Bakewell and staking out the gas fire I caught the sneaky lil Russian creeping out from inside it, so pleased to have found her :flrt:

·
Registered
13,305 Posts
Aw glad you found the little adventurer :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts