Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
karlwmiller said:
waterdragon (chineese) i belive it 80 -100
True at night and evening for these % values.But in ANY rainforest,humidity normally falls during the day.So peaks of 60-70% are neither abnormal nor harmful to your tropical reps,it's better to leave the viv dry up naturally with the daytime heating.I don't think you really need all these devices,they are more appropriate with poison arrow frogs or chams,but a WD doesn't especially need them.If you place the bathing tank under the hot spot and spray your cage with a plant sprayer every evening,this will be sufficient-and cheaper. :wink:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
ahh..not an expert but a large area of water should raise the humidity to about 70/80% and then a spraying twice daily with tepid water should up again to about 90%. this should be more than enough and much cheaper than any units...

slightly off the original thread i know but i don't see the point in using such unit unless the said rep needs 100% saturation. have used the habba mist before and it can be set to go off at different intervals.is useful but a good spray with a vacuum pump sprayer did the job just as well.

oh and one more thing the units can spray water accidentally on bulbs causing them to explode. all it takes is a rep to move a leaf and the water to bounce of it and onto the bulb and BOOM not too good.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
BELIAL said:
ahh..not an expert but a large area of water should raise the humidity to about 70/80% and then a spraying twice daily with tepid water should up again to about 90%. this should be more than enough and much cheaper than any units...

slightly off the original thread i know but i don't see the point in using such unit unless the said rep needs 100% saturation. have used the habba mist before and it can be set to go off at different intervals.is useful but a good spray with a vacuum pump sprayer did the job just as well.

oh and one more thing the units can spray water accidentally on bulbs causing them to explode. all it takes is a rep to move a leaf and the water to bounce of it and onto the bulb and BOOM not too good.
I totally agree in both respects - I use a hand-primed plant spray for my cages (I have tegus and monkey tails that need high humidity in large cages, and it really cuts down time and expense. I think mine is 5l or so which cuts down on refills too) and it really bumps up the humidity well. I also accidentally got a drop of water on an infrared bulb - didnt shatter it, but it did crack down the middle. On its second day of use too! Typical.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts