Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just finished handling my snakes yesterday and i found what i think was a mite on me! about the size of a pinhead, round and when i squashed it it was full of blood. The last snake i got was a yellow rat from a pet shop that had it in as an adult. she has some scale damage, but all the black marks i can see on her seem to be immovable and i presume its just her colouring. the other thing is, the viv she is in was one i got from someone who had a bci in it and had to get rid of it. i did the usual scrub and disinfect, but would this have got rid of mites? what do i do now? help please :cry:

·
Registered
78 Posts
we had a problem with mites on our boas and were recomended frontline that we got from our vet. we started of by spraying a small amount on a soft cloth and wiping down the length of the snake, not too much as its quite harsh stuff. then clean the tank as usual then wipe the frontline all over the tank making sure you get into every nuck and cranny and leave to airfor 30 mins, repeat this a month later to kill any left over eggs.
hope this helps

·
Registered
301 Posts
yeah as above.frontlines probably the best solution.but you cant but the snake back in the viv for 48 hours,once you have sprayed the viv,or the snake can get ill off the fumes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts