Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a male CWD around 2 or 3 years old. I have looked everywhere since we've had him to find him a partner, and considering his age, it hard to find one as mature.
I was wondering if i could mix him with a different species of lizard, i know obviously one that had the same requirements, as in temp, humidity, diet etc. But is there any like that? or would it be best not to take the chance?

Thank you

·
Registered
17,668 Posts
It really is not a good idea there is always the risk of a catsrophe happneing, I have herd that horned dragons have had success being kept together but I have also herd some bad ones too, I have never tried it and never would but if you do decide to do this consider it properly and take as many precautions as possible to avoid mishappenings and regrets, If it is a case of space well it wont do much good really as to keep two species together you would have to provide a huge enclosure (while it is still a risk to do so) so in the long run it is probibly better to just buy another enclosure.

Personally I dont agree with it but each to there own:whistling2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My enclosure, is big enough for another lizard the same size, but no bigger, as he did have a partner previously. But you still don't think its ideal?

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
How large is the enclosure, what heating have you got etc.

Mixing can work, but it is very hard to get it right. You are much more likly to succede introducing the same species. CWD are every where and very easy to find so you should be able to find a partner somewhere.

jay

·
Registered
17,668 Posts
How large is the enclosure, what heating have you got etc.

Mixing can work, but it is very hard to get it right. You are much more likly to succede introducing the same species. CWD are every where and very easy to find so you should be able to find a partner somewhere.

jay

this:2thumb: also I would just attempt to place another water dragon inside if your enclosure is as big as you say: victory:
This area has many debatible points and I am just expressing my own views I dont agree with it and would never try it but if it works for some well I say good for them I bet there setups look good:no1: particularly if succesful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are several cwd suppliers in my area, but not of the age. it would be risky introducing a young female to a 3yr old male

·
Registered
17,668 Posts
There are several cwd suppliers in my area, but not of the age. it would be risky introducing a young female to a 3yr old male

hmmmmm well it would be a case of you should quarintine first but even then they wont be big enough? (afterward)
could maybey have a look in the classifieds for lizards see if anyone is selling in yor area? I have seen a few water dragon for sale threads so far.: victory:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
we have a males plummed basilisk in with our male water dragon, but our viv is huge and its only them two in there and they are tweezer fed to stop food competition , but they both have there own basking spots and cooling spots in the viv, they have never had a scratch from one another , they both often sit on each other two but these have been together from a verry young age , do your reaserch take time , similar size,conditions and temperment are the things to consider no good putting a tokay in with a baby iggy , the tokay would pown! lol

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
If the animal is use to being in solitude then it isn't worth risking, they tend to get use to it and then hate having to suddenly share the space, even at this point I wouldn't put a female CWD with him

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.