Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys n gals my sons school are doing a project on living things and he mentioned that we have snakes his teacher asked me 2day if i would bring hissy in on friday just wondering if this is a good idea. my son is in p1 so they are kinda young i have no worries about hissy biting or any thing and i trust him completly the wains will not be holdin him and will be on the other side of the table and it is nly for 15mins or so just wondering if this is a good idea and if hissy will be stressed out thanku in advance guys n gals

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
will stress a royal a bit if you ask me but its no different to taking it to the vet i suppose (just less necessary). personally though i think if it adds to childrens understanding of the natural world and means they treat animals better as a result of seeing hissy it is more a good thing than a bad thing.
hissy would be a sort of snake missionary. spreading the good word of herping.
make sure she stays warm using hot water bottles. i believe its better to transport snakes in a sack as they feel more secure than in a transparent tub

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have an insulated tub for him to be transported in hes used to it as he was back and forward from the vets a while ago just wanted peoples opinion as i wudnt want to stress hissy in any way im also on the same wavelength as you as think that the wains will get an awful lot outa hissy visiting as well as stopping a lot miss information about reptiles his teacher actually asked if he was poisoness as if i wud bring a poisoness snake into a class room full of wains :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Go for it :D I think your snake will be fine, we take our 3 + foot iguana out in the summer and he sits on the dash board of the car and some people would say iguanas get stressed easily.

My corn I had him in a fabric snake bag for about 6 hours and he was fine... even ate a mouse as soon as we got home.

It's not 100 percent necessary to keep the snake all warm (after all they don’t have a constant 74 – 85 F in nature), if it's very fidgety then you could cool the snake down and it will help with handling. But I’m not sure of the process.

LoL the teacher asked that? :shock:

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aye she asked if he was poisoness and if hes wud attack the wains as if i wud bring a dangerous animal into a primary school never mind having 1 in the house with 2 small children i think wen u say u have snakes people think we are wierdos or like danger or sumthin. Bloody idiots :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe wen i take him in he will change a few peoples opinions well hopefully ill let every 1 know how we got on on friday

·
Registered
365 Posts
lol yeah i know what you mean, they are like ??? snakes??? And their faces are like :shock: lol. Talk about making you feel like a weirdo! Bah they are weird for not liking them :p

Have fun scaring the teacher :D

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh i will cant wait to see the look on her face hope she has nightmares :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts