Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I want to know about your moist hides for your geckos. Can you tell me how you guys make yours, what goes inside and also where abouts you put it.

I am under the impression that having it near the heat matt is the way to go. I use a meal worm tub cut in half ish and use sphagnum (sp check) moss inside. Problem is, I have no idea if this is right or not - this is what i was advised at pet shop near basildon but i have since not been impressed with them.

Pictures would be good

thanks guys

Kip
:notworthy:

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
not got any pics, but thats what my moist hide is made of. I used an empty cricket tub, cut a hole in the side, Covered it in insulation tape (to make it dark) and filled with moist moss. Its in the warm end of the viv.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
cut a 'door' into a cricket tub, fill the cricket tub with vermiculite, and place the tub in the viv near the ehatsource so the humidity rises.

Personally i add a layer of moss to the top they seem to prefer it to laying direct on vermiculite

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
for the record- I used brown insulation tape, because it looked more "hide" like :lol2:

I also got my moss from Focus, as its the same stuff they put in hanging baskets and its much cheeper than from a pet shop.

·
4,035 Posts
Hi All,

I want to know about your moist hides for your geckos. Can you tell me how you guys make yours, what goes inside and also where abouts you put it.

I am under the impression that having it near the heat matt is the way to go. I use a meal worm tub cut in half ish and use sphagnum (sp check) moss inside. Problem is, I have no idea if this is right or not - this is what i was advised at pet shop near basildon but i have since not been impressed with them.

Pictures would be good

thanks guys

Kip
:notworthy:
If ur not impressed with ur local reptile shop.....perhaps might be an idea to travel down to Cold blooded in Rainham........possibly one of the best in Essex........

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I use a chicago town ice cream tub (it's black) with a layer of moss.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.