Reptile Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi

I have not long ago begun travelling around South East Asia (currently in Thailand) and I am currently staying on the island of Koh-Samui. To get the the nearest beach, I have to cross a river and it has an abundance of lizards, which I think are monitor lizards but I am not entirely sure. The largest that I have seen to date was roughly 6feet in length and 1 1/2feet wide. The average size that I am seeing is around 3feet. They are very active in the water. I have been trying to correctly identify them and increase my knowledge of them but have found very little information on line. And pretty much no information to say that Monitors (if that's what they are) exist on the island of Koh Samui. I would be grateful if anyone could offer advice/information, on these lizards and also where else in Thailand is good for lizard/snake spotting :)

Thanks in advance

Sacha

Ps I have more pics if that helps, these two that I have uploaded are my favourite :)

some decent pics there, always good seeing them in natural habitat :2thumb:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.