Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All :D :D
Are there any monitor lizards that could live in 4ft long 2ftx2ft viv.
If there are some, and I get there names then I can do my research on them them.
I can get any equipment for them cost does not matter.
If you good people give me some names, it saves a lot of trawling through the internet.

Best Wishes

slither61

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
yeh ackies/ mini monitors realy. some monitors can grow to 4 or 5 feet so ackies is the only 1 i can think of.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Ackies. I think you might be able to keep a dwarf tegu in that? I' not totally sure though.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
build a bigger viv :D

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
there are allso timor monitors they are about 300, akies cost between 150-250 you will find it hard to find them at the moment because its not breeding season untill spring and you cant get any wild caught as its against the law in australia
like blazy said get a bigger viv youll be able to look at so many more lizards and find the one you defiantly want
id recomend an argentinian black and white tegu mine is the best lizard ive had but he needs a huge 8ft viv

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I have a Timor but they are SO active it seems unfair to put them in such small vivs.....its natural for them to live in burrows, so unless you have the facility to provide a 2ft deep channel that covers the length of the viv then Red or Yellow Ackies are probably your best bet. Timors are climbers too, we have ours at the top of a 6ft stack unit, in a 7 long viv, he's happier there as he feels less threatened when up high, they are also a strictly "Look but dont touch" species. They might relent and stop biting/trying to escape when you handle them but they are still fearful and no amount if "Taming" will reduce the fear he holds for you, and over long periods chemical releases through fear have been reported to kill Timors in Captivity from what I understand. We dont touch ours and never have except for the time he got mites, and that was not a pretty sight, lol. Still love him though :)

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
I have a contact who is selling red phase Ackies for about £100. I'll try and dig up the email if anyone wants.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts