Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89606 Posts

·
Banned
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K this is it. The Monitor and Tegu thread. Anything goes within reason wether it be pictures of the animals themselves, their enclosures or questions and advice. Maybe give reasons of how you got intersted in your chosen species? Lets keep it friendly and keep it going. I know there's been a few posts on large Lizards but lets make this one the daddy of 'em all.

I'll start with this pic of the large Boscs' where I work and later maybe add some pics of mine. I especially like Savs' because they remind me of Dinosaurs and I find them to be extremely intelligent and fascinating. Here's there are...

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
this is sampson ive had him since he was about 8inches he`s now 3ft and still growing fast ,to earn his trust i found the hands off approach worked for me when he was a baby i didnt handle him for months i would interact with him when i cleaned him out fed him and changed his water daily he`s allways been in the front room where theres people all the time so he`s allways been on show he soon learnt that we wasnt a threat and he calmed down nicely he`s never hissed tail whiped or bitten me ,
i love monitors ive been keeping them for about 3 years and can honestly say i will never stop

·
Banned
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this is sampson ive had him since he was about 8inches he`s now 3ft and still growing fast ,to earn his trust i found the hands off approach worked for me when he was a baby i didnt handle him for months i would interact with him when i cleaned him out fed him and changed his water daily he`s allways been in the front room where theres people all the time so he`s allways been on show he soon learnt that we wasnt a threat and he calmed down nicely he`s never hissed tail whiped or bitten me ,
i love monitors ive been keeping them for about 3 years and can honestly say i will never stop
Excellent advice and wonderful looking Bosc. Well done my friend. I like that you explained a little about the animal and how you raised it too. Thanks. :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have both a bosc and a tegu (not together lol!) as we couldn't decide which one to get! Will get some pics later for you all.

Does anyone take their's out for walks on a leash? Our bosc goes out in Summer for walks and loves it!

·
Registered
13,321 Posts

Monitors have always fascinated me since the first time i saw them on tv (i think it was a nile) can't get enough of them now :lol2:

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I've had Lex since he was 10 inches long, now he's two foot long. Hopefully sometime soon he will be in an 8x4x4 enclosure. I've never had an animal that eats as much as him, once fed he follows me around for more. He's taming slowly, I'm just being hands off with him. I have no idea what age he is :(

1 - 20 of 89606 Posts