Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Last night my two female gargoyles were fighting. They have nipped each other in the past, but not badly, and one has never been bullied more than the other. When I checked them this morning, the smaller one has a faint bite mark on her back (no broken skin) and a small wound on her foot. I am about to put in new substrate and clean out the viv to avoid infection. Is there anything else I can do to make sure it heals nicely?
Thanks.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i have no experiences with gargoyles mate lol. but when any of my geckos gets hurt (its only happened once thank god) i just seperate them, clean the woud with a cotton pad and warm water everyday and just watch them. my male and female fight quite a lot but not seriously....just the odd scuffle (again, it doesnt happen frequently thank god) but i like to seperate them for a few hours and then they are usually ok again upon reintroduction.
Spoon :-D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...I watched them carefully and they are fine. Tani's foot is pretty much healed. Kai still hasn't laid the eggs I thought she was going to, but have put loads and loads of substrate in and have been giving them lots of crickets and they seem to have completely forgotten whatever disagreement they were having!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts