Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was told minimum size for a grown on to adult yemen cham would be a 4-6 foot high, 2 foot long and 1 foot in depth viv made of either mesh all over or wood and glass with plenty of vents. this one cham in interested in comes with a wooden viv (glass at the front) and its 4foot long. it wont fit in a car. so...does a viv really need to be that long? chams need more height i know, and i havnt got room for another 4foot viv next to my beardies viv. a 2 or 3 foot long one yes, and height isnt a problem.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
she keeps her snakes on it. shame as i really wanted that cham. she would only swap for certain snakes. viv sounds nice but too long. yemen chams get to about a foot and a half long dont they?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
i thought glass was a bad idea as the cham winds itself up with its reflection and apparantely can break there tongue if they 'attack' the reflection: victory:

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah id be worried about that. how flimsy are the mesh ones. ive seen one with a zip on the door. thing is the cats likd to sleep on the beardies viv cos its warm, and id be worried about the cats jumping on the cage, burning themselves, getting their claws caught, breaking or knocking over the cage or scaring the cham. or can you get ones made of the sturdier mesh like whats on top of the exo-terras? i dont want to not have one cos of the cats. do they come with legs or do they just sit on the floor?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
when/if i get one im making the viv out of a wardrobe and will be putting three big vents on each side and will cut a big rectangle out of each door and put mesh in these : victory:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts