Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so since i got my snakes back home friday, my mum and dad have paid more attention that i thought they would.

it's not a bad thing i suppose, my mum has gone from awww snake to oh he's quite nice really. well she ok with the royal, has even touched him:gasp: and thinks him quite sweet?

the boa on the other hand scars the :censor: out of her, when she has been in a bit of a mood due to shedding, but still never mind. she still comes in my room and looks form both of them which i thought would never happen.

gave the boa a bath and my dad was quite fasinated by it, even when down stairs and got my mum to have a look?

so far so good. i'm quite pleasently surprised. any one eld had exprinces like that?

·
Premium Member
6,104 Posts
I had a similar reaction from my Dad when he first let me buy a cornsnake back in the day :D

He's a no-nature kind of man and suddenly he was cooing over this little tiny snake, I know while I was still living there he'd have a quiet admiring peep at the snakes fairly often.

Even better was when I brought home my Kenyan Sand Boa, on deaths door and in need of serious help, he cradled it in his hands and made no mention of the fact I'd just appeared with it unannounced! :lol2:

What are they like eh :D

·
Registered
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a similar reaction from my Dad when he first let me buy a cornsnake back in the day :D

He's a no-nature kind of man and suddenly he was cooing over this little tiny snake, I know while I was still living there he'd have a quiet admiring peep at the snakes fairly often.

Even better was when I brought home my Kenyan Sand Boa, on deaths door and in need of serious help, he cradled it in his hands and made no mention of the fact I'd just appeared with it unannounced! :lol2:

What are they like eh :D
yeah i know strange. still i think it's they show an interest rather none at all.

·
Registered
754 Posts
My mum totally fell in love with the royals that i used to have, she even went so far as to ask dad if she could get one!!!

Dad said no - never mind, she does always ask how they are getting on and to hold the quiter ones, she loves them.......

Think TBH they creep dad out!!!

:lol2:

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
whan i told my mum i had got snakes She was like" what u gon n dun that for"(she does not sound like a cockney tho.lol)
she came round yesterday to pick my son up for a week of holiday.. bluesboo got the royals out and she handled all of them including the biggest female,she actually liked them she even commented that she may like one, she wouldent handle my bci though,she thought it looked to sinister:lol2:

so in hindsight,if anyone has put up threads on how to change a parents mind,then i suggest get them to handle a largeish royal: victory:

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
oh well CAT BEAT ME TO IT:up::lol2:

·
Registered
864 Posts
yeah my mum and dad were shit scared when i lived their but my dad even built me a rep room and used to have horrible dreams i have found out lately lol. but my mum came to love them and was always getting them out and that

·
Registered
38 Posts
mums totally scared of them, dad and sis not so but scared they'll kill me thus hate them, bros never seen them before and sister in law can't even stand the sight of a caterpillar.. haha

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
my mum likes my snake and my dad who won't handle it and completely hates all animals, a complete opposite to me, says he likes it but I don't think he actually does

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
at the mo im selling my house and will need to rent a mates room as parents are like you can have the room but sell the snakes, no way can i do that!!!!!:devil:

·
Registered
877 Posts
My mum is absolutely in love with snakes, she 'owns' some herself and is even getting a realistic one tattooed soon, lol!
My step dad is not amused by them, but loves building vivs.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
My dad, brother and sister like the snakes, regularly pestering me to let the hold them. The mother is quite intimidated by them, she is petrified of rodents and makes a link between the two. On the other hand, she 'loves' the crestie because she's 'cute' and 'looks like a frog' and everyone loves the blue tongue because he's so inquisitive.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Its great

to see people change their opinions it has to be said alot of my freinds, family, clients etc years ago started out with the view that snakes were sinister, dangerous a few even thought they were evil lol. But over time my slither squad have changed their minds quite a few now ask too hold them or spend time looking in the vivs. However I still have one problem ..........really have to get my mum to feed them so that me and the OH can have a holiday lol. She will look after our entire zoo even the slither squad but she will not feed them lol I'll have to keep working on her.

·
Registered
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i must say, "i almost got bitten in the face" didn't help my poor boa's case much, was kinda my own fault be even so, think mum took that to heart.

i keep keep getting ooh isn't she big? erm not really she's only about 2.:lol2:

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
my mum at first really hated them and didnt even want to be in the same room as them then i lost my albino banded cali king she was terrorfied.
ever nite when she went to bed she would strip of her bed to make sur he wasnt in there lol. we found him 1 month and 2 weeks later.now when i say im going to sell a snake shes like nooooooo dont sell him lol.
think she likes them more than me now not to keen on the mice and rats in the freezer tho :lol2:

·
Registered
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mums the same with the rats, get mojo's out (royal) and she like arr thats quite cute then get the big one out for loki and she's goes that horrible? what the differeance ther both dead rats?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
My Mum hated my snakes at first, but now loves them! She met my 1 yr old BCI a few weeks ago and wanted to take him home.

My brother lives with her, and has a royal, which is due to move up a viv size. She's now talking of getting a hatchling carpet python to fill the viv with! Apparently a GTP is what she really wants, but they are a little on the pricey side :whistling2:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I'm fortunate enough to have an understanding supportive mum who loves my snakes. So much so that I have to keep her and my vet apart as they 'don't get on'. Typical mum, nothing is good enough for her 'babies'. :lol:

She's happy to help me care for mine, but when ever I ask if she'd like her own she always says no.

I think she likes to care for them, but doesn't have much interest in actual ownership, if that makes any sense? Oh well, can't complain. :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
my mam is quite cool with any exotics i have and always takes an interest, she will handle any exotics aswell, and she is happy to watch my snakes eat because she hates rodents and is happy when she sees a snake grab one lol. even though she will handle most exotics and is not bothered by them if you put a moth in front of her she screams lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts