Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we went to a shop yesterday just to look and see what they had and came home with some more!!!
We now have 2 more spiders(one spiderling and one a little bigger!).. 2 baby scorpions and best of all a water dragon!!
Am a bit worried about the water dragon...he was fine in the shop yesterday but today hes hardly moved at all...is this normal? Could it just be to do with the moving and upset of it all? His viv is all set up properly as we bought it all with him.
Ive tried to feed him but hes not interested at all so am hoping he will be tom or later.
Ihave covered up his new home with a towel to give him some privacy for a while see if that helps as its usually quite busy here at weekends!!
Any help would be gr8...thanks :D :D

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Mr.Bob said:
Well we went to a shop yesterday just to look and see what they had and came home with some more!!!
We now have 2 more spiders(one spiderling and one a little bigger!).. 2 baby scorpions and best of all a water dragon!!
Am a bit worried about the water dragon...he was fine in the shop yesterday but today hes hardly moved at all...is this normal? Could it just be to do with the moving and upset of it all? His viv is all set up properly as we bought it all with him.
Ive tried to feed him but hes not interested at all so am hoping he will be tom or later.
Ihave covered up his new home with a towel to give him some privacy for a while see if that helps as its usually quite busy here at weekends!!
Any help would be gr8...thanks :D :D

hiya, wow bet your pleased!!! :D they will have a lovely home with you anyways!:) goodluck hes prob just settling in!:)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
i would say hes prob just settling in is he a nice green colour? and alert? what set-up have you go as sometime the shop ones aint sutable at all
manda xx

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank u...yes im pleased with them all :D

My water dragon is feeling better now i think....got him loads of stuff to go in his viv so he can hide and sit up on a hammock,so he looks better.

his viv is set up with a nice heat lamp at one end to bask under and a uv at the other..overall temp is 88-90 during day with a drop to probably 65-70 at night...he has a big water bowl to soak in..logs to climd up and he started to have a nosey around just now so im hopefull hes just getting used to the idea.

still not yet eaten but that will come when hes settled...hopefully.

my frillie was the opposite...and hes still doing well..too well i think looking at his belly tonight!!!

skink was the same as water dragon he wouldnt eat for ages and now hes not too bad!

cant wait to see if the others eat when they r feed of they r going to be just the same!!!

ah well..we can but try i suppose....thanks for help again :D :D

will post pics of the lot when i can get it too work!!!!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
right well i would raise them temps up by 5 if possible as they are a lil bit low in my eyes if you would add me on msn if you need to no bout anything else or are worried just pm me and il give you my new addy
manda xx

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much for the advice i will try that tom,if i can...can try to cover viv a bit to keep more heat in there. :D
hopefully ive pmd u lizard-lover!!!! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts