Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you put te heat bulb in the centre of the tank a I wanted to put a vine spirraled in the middle with the bulb on but then would this make it harder to thermoregulate?

Or is it better to put it at one side with a more open space like a branch forthe lizard to climb on and bask and then have a vine connected to it leading to the other side of the tank?

Or is it better to have a really fully packed area for the lizard to bask as I have a really nice branch that I wanted to put under the light if it was at one side.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another stupid question does tank have to be really green for them to feel safe as a lot of the plants and branches I have are mor wbrowny yellow although I still do have green fake leaves and what live plants are good for baby chams

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey,

To be honest, it doesn't really matter a great where 'where' it is, just make sure its the right kind of lamp etc and make sure that it's situated where they can get the heat and not be to close to it.

Just please make sure the bulb isn't too close for them to climb onto the actual lamp.

If you go to www.flchams.com it gives you a safe plants list. It's a godsend =D

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it will be fine if I put the light in the middle of the tank but I really think it would make it harde to thermoregulate as their would be a hot patch in the middle and them it would have o move to the sides instead of having a hot and cool side?

Does anyone have any views?
is it better just to put the light to one side and still have the spirral in the middle just wasn't sure if it would use a spirral I it put it openly in the middle

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
place it wher you want then check with a thermometer the temps

most people use flexariums for them and keep the bulb on the top that way they can position it any where they need to
i keep my Yemen in a viv but i have cut a hole in the top and covered that with very fine mesh and the have the bulbs on top and can move it around easily

if you keep it in the viv make sure that its guarded as they can burn themselves on it

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys this answered both my question fine now I just got to get another vine and then probaly a live plant

I want the big vine spirral in the middle and then have some branches on one side and then have a more overgrown greenery on te other side but still have greenery with the branches
might add a few bamboo canes going up from the corners through the spirral and then some leading up the sides just to give him a few more things to climb on

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So is it best to have a more open basking spot ot a really dense one full of greenery as I was hoping the spirral could be the basking spot right in the middle if the tank

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just set it up and got a spirral in the middle with a hanging pot for food and then a bare branch with loads of little branches for the basking spot and then i will get like a hibiscus for the other side just to help raise humidity

also could anyone give the right humidity as i read all sorts of different things

1 - 9 of 9 Posts