Reptile Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having abit of a query!

how do you tell the difference between an anery snake and a ghost?

the more pics of ghost boas i look at the more i think they resemble one of my boas who i bought as an annery.

just wondering if there was anyway to tell as dont know the parents, could they possibly have been het for ghost and some visual showing through??

cheers

ian

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i have to be honest mate, some of the royals and boas i see make me wonder the same thing.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im stumped in all honesty, my annery has no yellow on her but has quite abit of subtle pink which as far as i was aware annerys didnt have red pigment :? :roll:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is possible :? thing is aint ghosts usually even more expensive than annerys? as i have never seen any for sale really :? :?

will have to refer to it as the "it" boa until i figure out which one she falls into :lol:

G

·
Well as far as i am concerned the anery is a lack of red pigment and the ghost is a ghosting away of the saddles on the snake.That is the way i look at it and the way most people would explain i would think

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
got a pic? anery's come in differing grades and are allowed some brown/red when older depending on who you talk to!
regards gaz

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
you got her from snakes and adders didnt you? If you did its defo not a ghost its an anery. :D

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
heres a pic

and yeah i did get her from snakes and adders, by any chance was she one of your offspring andy?

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
you know full well she'll be mine soon dude so it won't matter to you :wink:

She does have the pink tinge but I've seen anerys in pictures like this before. Not that you can go solely on pic's mind. Even so I wouldn't think she's a ghost.. saddles are very well marked

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
keep dreaming gaz shes mine :twisted:

and im happy her being an annery, just saw some pics of ghosts which looked almost identical, saying that they could be wrongly put there so unsure :?

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
ghost Crawl Cay dwarf for comparison

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cool cheers for that gaz.

this is one of many photos i saw that made me doubt

but now the differences are pointed out i can now see :lol: just looks like her

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
ianyork said:
cool cheers for that gaz.

this is one of many photos i saw that made me doubt

but now the differences are pointed out i can now see :lol: just looks like her
dont forget the starting point for this boa would be salmon X anery,might explain some of the diff.
regards gaz

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh right, not clued up on the genetics front yet!

so if i crossed my german pastel with my annery i would get a pastel annery? :lol: or just normal looking for hets

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
ianyork said:
oh right, not clued up on the genetics front yet!

so if i crossed my german pastel with my annery i would get a pastel annery? :lol: or just normal looking for hets
think you would get some pastel anery hets and some normal anery hets from that.
gaz

1 - 19 of 19 Posts