Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
in the process of creating a nice environment for all my snakes to live and have been inspired by some of your vivs. I love the ropes idea, and the idea of ledges or pipes etc... what I want to see is how creative you have been with odds and ends to make hides, water bowls, climbing branches etc....
This is fot two reasons 1- you can inspire me
and 2-i can recycle old stuff

·
Registered
10,451 Posts
I only have one bigger viv and thats full of stuff i got from pet shops. Don't know how big your snakes are but i made this shelf out of bamboo. It's great for smaller snakes.

I s'pose a bigger version could be made with larger bamboo.

Thats the only thing i've made myself up to now but i'm working turning a guinea pig hide into a log effect one!

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I only have one bigger viv and thats full of stuff i got from pet shops. Don't know how big your snakes are but i made this shelf out of bamboo. It's great for smaller snakes.

I s'pose a bigger version could be made with larger bamboo.

Thats the only thing i've made myself up to now but i'm working turning a guinea pig hide into a log effect one!
:-o im loving that bamboo shelf!!!

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what did you fasten the bamboo with?

And the pic with the pipes in how did you fix that up?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Erm where to start.
old pic of my viv stack, top now has 3 RUB's in it an no decor the middle houses my royal and the bottom viv is empty.

these are my old 3' viv's used to house my royals before i moved them into the stack.

·
Registered
20,860 Posts
The best recycling I ever did was an old cigar humidor from the shop where I work which I converted into a viv for Ash (boa) when he was a baby. It now houses my pair of Vietnamese blue beauties. The branches were from my apple tree, a broken plant pot with the edges sanded smooth for a hide and the light cover made from an old cardboard tube painted to match.

When Ash occupied it

And now

·
Registered
10,451 Posts
The best recycling I ever did was an old cigar humidor from the shop where I work which I converted into a viv for Ash (boa) when he was a baby. It now houses my pair of Vietnamese blue beauties. The branches were from my apple tree, a broken plant pot with the edges sanded smooth for a hide and the light cover made from an old cardboard tube painted to match.

When Ash occupied it

And now
WOW! YOU SHOULD GET SOME SORT OF AWARD FOR THAT! :lolsign:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Pictures of my recently completed 3 foot viv

and its resident :flrt:

EDIT

LOL just noticed him in the foliage, never seen him while I was taking the pictures, must of been camouflaged, just looked up now and he was watching me type :D

He is on the hunt again like last night, lucky he is due for a feed later

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
hmmmm ....... habitat section .......... hmmmm

·
Registered
126 Posts
Pictures of my recently completed 3 foot viv

and its resident :flrt:

EDIT

LOL just noticed him in the foliage, never seen him while I was taking the pictures, must of been camouflaged, just looked up now and he was watching me type :D

He is on the hunt again like last night, lucky he is due for a feed later
Great piccies, what are the poles made of? Were di you buy them?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I've been thinking about a themed one recently.

Like if you're into Sci Fi, you could do shelves painted like spaceship docking ports, UFO hides and such.

I was thinking of building a little city from papier-mâché, thus giving the impression the snake was a giant monster. Spoking a kids bike wheel and using yoghurt pots to make the London eye, using a box with an upturned funnel with the shoot cut off to make an entrance/exit, painted like St.Pauls cathedral to make a hide, wine bottle turned into Big Ben - Stuff like that.

You could do a pre-historic one, and using pipe cleaners and papier-mâché once more, create miniature dinosaur skeletons, and mixed with artificial foliage from the Cretaceous period as well as a volcano from plaster of paris, which is a waterbowl, and volcanic hides too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts