Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I thought it was the Australian brown or Black mamba.

As mentioned there are different answers.

Depends on specific questions:

Most toxic venom?
Fastest acting venom?
Which injects the most?
Which kills more people?

Its probably a different snake for each.

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
its the inland taipan (or fierce snake) for most potent land snake and puff adder for most kills(thats due to the number around people and the willingness to strike)

·
Registered
78 Posts
im pretty sure it the australian fierce snake to.
i remember watching a couple of different documentaries all made by different people and i think all came out with the fierce snake as the most venemous snake in the world. apparently the fierce snake is quite calm natured.

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
I know it's not the most venomous, but I'm particularly fond of the gaboon viper. If I were to have hots, that's where I was gonna start.

They kill a lot of people every year, and their bites is known to be one of the most painful ones, but it's a beauty :D

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Dexter said:
I know it's not the most venomous, but I'm particularly fond of the gaboon viper. If I were to have hots, that's where I was gonna start.

They kill a lot of people every year, and their bites is known to be one of the most painful ones, but it's a beauty :D
they have one in a shop called ameyzoo, very impressive in the flesh and one of my missus favourite snakes :D

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Gaboons also have the longest fangs out of any other snake in the world at 2 inches!!!

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
hence the painful bite I mentioned :twisted: :D :lol:

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Yeah, if you were looking for the most dangerous you'd have to calculate moler (or whatever value is used in venom) per cm3 or something. I've head though that the Australian Brown Snake (Kingbrown/Mulga, something like that) injects tonnes of venom and it has a habbit of chewing.

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
So, always take some chewing gum with you if you decide to walk about in western australia :lol:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
It's quite difficult really...

You have to consider:
Venom yield (the amount pumped into the prey)
Venom Toxicity (how much does it take to kill a human being)
Geographic Distribution (bear with me here)
Amounts of death per year
Number of species left in the wild.

...nothing towards the reaction of the venom or how fast.

King Cobra's have a high venom yield but due to their deep forrest habitats, they rarely come into contact with humans in comparisions to other species such as the Russels Viper. Which kills so many more people than a KC.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
I believe they like Wriggleys Extra ;)
Oh I wanted to speak to someone with Boas. You got MSN?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts