Reptile Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have had 4 G. pulcheripes for about a month / month and a half now. One of them has spent the whole time in a small burrow that she blocked the entrance to after about two days. Just presumed was going in to pre moult and protecting itself from 'predators' like it would in the wild.

Well she never came back up. I was starting to get a bit worried as to whether she made it through the moult. Today I couldn't leave it no longer. I carefully dug her up and she was all fine (what an idiot, amateur :blush:). Think she has definitely moulted. Looks a bit bigger and can start to see a nice fluffy coat on her. Same with one of my others.

But there was no sign of an exo skeleton. Her little 'room' was literally the size of her body plus a little moving space. Is there any chance she has eaten her moult? Or pretty much crumpled it into the substrate?

Just a bit stumped as to where it could be...

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I couldn't find a moult for my irminia, but Matt was saying his cambs actually buried their moults. May be that they do that to keep away mould etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts