Reptile Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently taken in a young female mhd. From the little I know, I'm at least the third home she's had and I've been told she is still sub adult. She was wild caught as a baby. She didn't look great when I got her, she looked underweight as she looked to have loose skin. She had been getting hoppers and crickets put in with her but was never observed eating. I've been tong feeding her, she greedily takes wax worms and refuses anything else. Obv I'm dusting them with a calcium multivitamin powder.She is in a large glass viv with live plants, a pool, running water, a basking spot of about 26, humidity always above 70%, usually in the 80s%. Fogged daily. She seems to defecate etc as I would expect from how much she eats. Here's the thing. She doesn't move. Ever. It's not that she can't, if I pick her up she is quite capable of getting off my hand and onto a branch or whatever. Or if I place her on one branch and she prefers somewhere else, she'll move to her preferred location. But there she stays. For days, weeks at a time. She stretches her limbs a bit, sometimes she sort of hugs the branch other times she stands proud of it, other than that, entirely stationary. Well, her eyes move! I'm about to post off a fecal sample for testing. Physically she looks better. Her skin looks good, I think she has shed. Her eyes are not sunken and look bright. Her colours are more pronounced. She just doesn't move! What sort of behaviour would be normal for this species? If she is physically healthy, should I worry? Any advice would be much appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts