Reptile Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mourning Gecko: Lepidodactylus Lugubris

Stunning sub adult geckos, very unusual, they self reproduce! No need to mate these! These geckos are parthenogenetic which means that females reproduce independently of a male. Consequently populations are all female.

Easy to keep, a must have addition to any collection! Can be housed in groups very easy to care for.

£30 each, livestock courier service available £20 includes heat pack. Please email for further details, thanks. Rick

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Ohhh tempting ..... how big are these ones right now???

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I'll deffo have 2 , just noticed on your frogs same price courier for more than 1. p.m me for payment details.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NNY said:
Well they are a small species anyway, SVL APPROX 45MM when adult. These are about 30mm. Way cute to, they eat like big gex though great fun to watch! Their tails add another good 30 mm to! When adult!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dandydi said:
I'll deffo have 2 , just noticed on your frogs same price courier for more than 1. p.m me for payment details.

Yes courier is the same price for however many are purchased. I will email you, thanks. Rick

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
junction said:
Well i'd have two aswell but sorry no way of getting them :cry: never seen these in for sale Ireland though
I think my courier does transport to Ireland do you want me to ask them?

NI or SI?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Rickeezee said:
junction said:
Well i'd have two aswell but sorry no way of getting them :cry: never seen these in for sale Ireland though
I think my courier does transport to Ireland do you want me to ask them?

NI or SI?
Republic i'm in Waterford area right down south,yes please ask if they can deliver safely and at what cost? also out of interest ask of cost to NI,as sure theres an address (where they would be looked after till i can collect)i may be able to use?

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Rickeezee said:
NNY said:
Well they are a small species anyway, SVL APPROX 45MM when adult. These are about 30mm. Way cute to, they eat like big gex though great fun to watch! Their tails add another good 30 mm to! When adult!
Well Ive just been given a few small glass vivariums with the 5 stack I got which would be perfect for a few mourning gecks... would definitely like them now... just got to sort out money and ill sort it out with you.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NNY said:
Rickeezee said:
NNY said:
Well Ive just been given a few small glass vivariums with the 5 stack I got which would be perfect for a few mourning gecks... would definitely like them now... just got to sort out money and ill sort it out with you.
They are great in groups and very entertaining and they make a very low chirping sound to! Very unusual.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cara said:
Are they handleable? I may have a couple, how big viv do you think i'd need for them?

Yes once they get used to you they are handleable these are at just the right age to commence hand feeding then taming. You dont need a large viv for these even when adult, a this age an exo terra medium faunarium would do, when adult a medium exo terra terrarium would do. All depends how many you kept. Or indeed any secure viv! dont go overly large though!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nat said:
YAY!!!! My new baby is comin tomoz!!

Thanx huni!!

Your welcome hun x You will love the geck, they are way cute and when adult you will have lots of them due to them self re-producing without the need for a mate or fertilisation! You can then keep a nice colony going as they do well in colonies!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts